1.    #1  
    I have a sprint mobile broadband card that I use to VPN into work in a pinch and I would like to swap it for a pre and use My Tether instead. Will a Pre with My Tether allow me to connect to a VPN or is it limited to browsing the web (aka port 80 and 443)?

Gracias in advance
    I've used it to connect to work with the Cisco VPN client from my laptop on a number of occasions. YMMV
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Sprint$ $can$'$t$ $physically$ $limit$ $your$ $port$ $usage$ $on$ $the$ $EVDO$ $network$. $You$ $shouldn$'$t$ $have$ $any$ $issues$. $I$ $used$ $to$ $VPN$ $in$ $to$ $work$ $with$ $my$ $Treo$ $700p$ $on$ $sprint$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $why$ $the$ $Pre$ $wouldn$'$t$ $work$ $as$ $well$.
    I concur, I've used a Cisco VPN client on my laptop via MyTether.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Come to think about it... using MyTeather is no different than the Network card you have from sprint. They access the same EVDO network and you should see the same speeds (maybe better with the pre due to newer hardware?) as your current card. There's no identifier on the network that says "this connection is from a handset, limit it's functionality", so in theory, you should see no difference.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    It's a legit concern. I couldn't establish a vpn
    connection over pdanet with my treo 600 for
    a long time. It went through a proxy server.
    It works fine with MyTether on the Pre though.

ian
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It's a legit concern. I couldn't establish a vpn
    connection over pdanet with my treo 600 for
    a long time. It went through a proxy server.
    It works fine with MyTether on the Pre though.

ian
    If I remember correctly, the days of the 600 were pre-EVDO (no pun intended). I had one of the first EVDO capable phones for sprint, the Samsung A290 (or 920...?) about 4 years ago. I moved to the 700 shortly after. I think the 650 or the 700 was the first EVDO treo on Sprint. I can't remember exactly.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I found perfect vpn for blackberry provided by SuperVPN. I followed instructions they sent me and now everything works great.