1.    #1  
    Ok so a week about I bought the pre. Great phone love webOS love the phone except.... This is my 5th one. One was so bad with the oreo effect that it would slide open on its own, the next one would freeze so much i couldent do any thing, third one had this bubble like effect under the screen and oreo pretty bad. 4th one here is bombarded with stuck and dead pixels. I will, have to wait till tommarow to get my new one sprint has been kind enough to comp my bill for the month 75% but i got 4 phones here needing returned. any one else got issues like these.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    They're not being replaced with new phones are they?

BTW, people get bad ones, but when someone gets that many, so quick, heads will be scratched.
    Take this thread with a...

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Welcome to Palm!
  5.    #5  
    Yes they are all new they all came from same store so i wondered if that store got a bad shipment.

Those reading this that are thinking on buying a pre. Do not let it scare you away the phone is wonderful. I am just haveing issues lol. I am just wondering if any of you have had some of these issues.
    1 pre from Oct 1st. Very very little oreo. Other than that, everything is solid...knock on wood...

You are just lucky I guess to get 5 bad pre's....

Ask them to ship you one that was made recently from the corp warehouse. My sprint guy did that and mine was made on 8/31/2009.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Had to laugh at that pogeypetey...too funny.
    I'm on my June 6th Palm Pre and I've had 0 issues....... just wanted to throw that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Take this thread with a...

...with a diamond?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Last month the stress crack from the usb port spread to the screen. They agreed to replace it. A week later I went in to pick it up, it was new and there were dead pixels when we went to set it up. They agreed to replace that one. A week later I got a refurb. A week goes by and it starts to oreo big time. I called Sprint Cust Serv to just *****. They offered to replace it with another Pre or any phone of my choice. I"ll stick with the Pre at least one more time cause I like it. They really need to get this figured out though cause I want to use the Pre, I just don't want to run back and forth to Sprint every week dealing with hardware issues.
    Nope, not diamond.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    My friend has been a test subject for palm (not literally) as he's on his 5th Pre since June. Oreo? Check. Dead Pixels? Check. Speaker stop working? Check... I feel bad for him, but I haven't had a single issue with mine. It's the best phone I've owned since I bought my treo 700p years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Nope, not diamond.

LMAO!!!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I feel you pain. I returned one today for the loose battery syndrome. They give me one that was worse, the phone keeps launching random things and showing tapping spots all over it.

At least we have a lemon law down here.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    LMAO!!!!
    I don't get it?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO_ONE View Post
    I don't get it?!?!
    Take- To lay hold of; to seize with the hands, or otherwise; to grasp; to get into, or possession; to procure; to seize and carry away; to convey.

This- has the same demostrative force as as a pronoun, but is followed by a noun

Thread- A sequence of messages posted to an online newsgroup or discussion group, dealing with the same topic.

With- To denote association in respect of situation or environment; hence, among; in the company of.

A- Article meaning one

Grain- Any small, hart particle, as of sand, sugar, salt, etc.; hence, any minute portion or particle.

Of- Denoting the material of which anything is composed, or that which it contains.

Salt- The chloride of sodium, a substance used for seasoning food, for the preservation of meat, etc. It is found in the earth, and is also produced. by evaporation and crystallization, from sea water and other water impregnated with saline particles.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 10/20/2009 at 04:47 PM.
    All,

Your Sprint store will give you the opportunity to inspect the device before you accept it. Please ask and explain that you do not want a device that you will be returning for these common issues. It will save you the frustration, save Sprint the hassle and save us from these threads....and the banter.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybennett View Post
    I'm on my June 6th Palm Pre and I've had 0 issues....... just wanted to throw that out there.
    Same here...I bought the 1st one in Idaho on release day and have had zero hardware issues...always keep mine in a Palm leather slip case...this baby's never gonna' see the inside of a pocket, lol!