1.    #1  
    Hello. I am from Spain but I am living this year in New York. I have one doubt. Next week is my brother birthday and he wants one iPhone. The problem is that here in Spain you have to wait like 2 months to get one. I have one iPhone 3G and for me there is no problem to give it to him. I have the opportunity to get one Palm Pre here but I have one question:
    1. Is possible to unlock the Palm Pre to use it with ATT in New york?
    I really love my brother and I know he will love the present if I give him my iPhone. But I dont want to be without phone... Can you help me please? Thanks,

Roger.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgplanet View Post
    Hello. I am from Spain but I am living this year in New York. I have one doubt. Next week is my brother birthday and he wants one iPhone. The problem is that here in Spain you have to wait like 2 months to get one. I have one iPhone 3G and for me there is no problem to give it to him. I have the opportunity to get one Palm Pre here but I have one question:
    1. Is possible to unlock the Palm Pre to use it with ATT in New york?
    I really love my brother and I know he will love the present if I give him my iPhone. But I dont want to be without phone... Can you help me please? Thanks,

Roger.
    With regards to your specific question, no, ATT is a GSM provider, and Sprint is CDMA. Different technology, so you can't use the pre you would buy here on ATT. Right now, its Sprint only in the US. Sorry.

Unless you are buying the Pre in Spain. Sorry, just re-read the post, and maybe I mis-interpreted it the first time. If you buy it in Spain then I don't actually know if it could be unlocked for use on ATT here in the US.
    Last edited by supercluver; 10/20/2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: I can't always read.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the answer. I will buy the pre in Spain and I will use it in ATT. But I dont know if I buy the Pre in Spain, can I unlock it by myself to use it with ATT?