Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I've been lurking for a while and now I actually have a reason to post. Now that we can add additional app launcher pages, is there an easy way to return to the first (i.e., left-most) page? The apps I use the most are on that first page, so it's annoying when I open the app launcher and it brings up the 3rd or 4th page and I have to manually scroll back to page one. IDEALLY, it would be nice to use the center button (yes, like the iPhone). Maybe there is a way to do this already...I just can't find it (and yes, I've searched).

    I have the multi launcher page and return to top of page patches installed.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    That might be a nice use for the Launcher icon on the Quick Launch bar (which is pretty useless right now IMHO). A mod/patch to make that always go to the top of the first page would be pretty cool.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, for sure. I figured there would be a trick to do this, but I guess not. Patch please!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    The apps I use the most are on that first page, so it's annoying when I open the app launcher and it brings up the 3rd or 4th page and I have to manually scroll back to page one.
    Here's how it works on my Pre....it opens to the last launcher page that I had open. So, if yours is opening on the 3rd or 4th page, that means that was the last page you had opened.

    That's probably by design, if it didn't work that way, people would be complaining that it always opens to the first page instead of the last page they opened.

    You want an easy way to return to the first page? Make sure that's the page you are on when you close it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Here's how it works on my Pre....it opens to the last launcher page that I had open. So, if yours is opening on the 3rd or 4th page, that means that was the last page you had opened.

    That's probably by design, if it didn't work that way, people would be complaining that it always opens to the first page instead of the last page they opened.

    You want an easy way to return to the first page? Make sure that's the page you are on when you close it.
    +1
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Here's how it works on my Pre....it opens to the last launcher page that I had open. So, if yours is opening on the 3rd or 4th page, that means that was the last page you had opened.

    That's probably by design, if it didn't work that way, people would be complaining that it always opens to the first page instead of the last page they opened.

    You want an easy way to return to the first page? Make sure that's the page you are on when you close it.

    What an insightful suggestion. Maybe I should create a poll to see if the majority of people would prefer to have the laucher return to the first page or stay on the last page they viewed. Only if the results of this poll indicate that the majority of Pre users prefer the laucher to return to the first page will I suggest that a patch be created to perform this operation.
    .
    .
    .
    Or I could suggest it now so people can choose which way they want their Pre to deal with Launcher pages...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by boxfier View Post
    What an insightful suggestion.
    Well, you said yourself that most of the apps that you used are on the first launcher page, so that must mean that most of the time the launcher opens on the first page.

    If you can convince someone to make a patch to do what you want, by all means do so. The more, the merrier!
  8. #8  
    I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for but it may be possible to get it to default to the 1st page each time the launcher is brought up. Here is a segment of code that according to the comment keeps track of the what page the launcher is on. I'm not sure if this is used to remember the page so that bringing up the launcher come to the page last on or not. But if someone wants to look into it and see if this has anything to do with it and can be manipulated go for it.

    Code:
    	/* keep track of which page we are on */
    	onPageChange: function(event) {
    		this.activePageIndex = event.value;
    		this.updatePageIndicators();
    	},
  9. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #9  
    good find!!
  10. #10  
    I would think it would be more useful to create a patch to default to the middle launcher page (the second page if you kept to the default three launcher pages). That way, you're one swipe from all of your programs - it would be most beneficial to those of us who have added additional pages.

    That being said, I pretty much stick to the first three of my six pages, so it's not much of an issue.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  11. #11  
    I should have mentioned that the code segment is from the launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $file$. $Assuming$ $that$ $code$ $is$ $what$ $is$ $needed$ $to$ $manipulate$ $the$ $page$ $that$ $comes$ $up$ $I$ $would$ $think$ $one$ $could$ $alter$ $it$ $in$ $such$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $default$ $any$ $page$ $to$ $come$ $up$ $by$ $default$. $I$ $just$ $have$ $no$ $idea$ $at$ $the$ $moment$ $on$ $how$ $to$ $change$ $the$ $code$. $Assuming$ $this$ $for$ $sure$ $is$ $what$ $is$ $doing$ $the$ $work$ $to$ $bring$ $up$ $the$ $launcher$ $on$ $the$ $last$ $page$ $visited$.
  12. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    That might be a nice use for the Launcher icon on the Quick Launch bar (which is pretty useless right now IMHO). A mod/patch to make that always go to the top of the first page would be pretty cool.
    +1

Posting Permissions