1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I've been having trouble getting my patches to install properly. Most of them work okay I think.

I had the virtual keyboard a while back, and then uninstalled it a few days ago. I've been trying to install it again, the preware application goes through the process, and restarts luna, but when the device boots back up again, I double tap the gesture area and nothing happens.
    I've even tried using the online repository in WebOS quick install, and experienced the same results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I have had the same problems,use the the Webosdoctor and reinstalled and you should be fine.Good luck!My phone is a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  3.    #3  
    I considered that, but doesn't that reset your phone to the factory defaults?
    Something similar has happen to me. i have never had the vkeyboard on my phone, but when i tried i installed the package manager thing and the pre ware, but no patches appeared on my phone when i restarted it.

can some one help me with my problem, am i doing anything wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by moegreenspecial View Post
    Hello all,
    I've been having trouble getting my patches to install properly. Most of them work okay I think.

I had the virtual keyboard a while back, and then uninstalled it a few days ago. I've been trying to install it again, the preware application goes through the process, and restarts luna, but when the device boots back up again, I double tap the gesture area and nothing happens.
    I've even tried using the online repository in WebOS quick install, and experienced the same results.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    open web os QI click on tools, device management , on the left where it says application look in. There fisrt for the patches that will not install. If they are there uninstall them from right there. Then click on applications and patches will pop up and look for the patches that are not working including the keyboard and uninstall from right there. Now reboot phone and go install the keyboard and other patches you want . you should b good.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    yeah I get the same thing... preware doesn't even show that anything's been installed when luna restarts.
    ps FIRST, put phone in dev mode on just charge as well .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you need more help just message me and I will get back to ya in a bit.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    This worked for me (copy and paste the link, I'm still a post or two short of being allowed to pose a hot link).

//forums.precentral.net/webos-apps-software/208474-error-installing-see-ipkg-log-2.html#post1989770