Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have been wondering about getting a Spanish Treo Pre instead of the German one, because of the keyboard. I heard that you can buy unlock codes from Movistar - is that true? If so, that would be the perfect way to get an unlocked Pre...
    Last edited by Michau; 10/21/2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Wait, do you mean pre or treo?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I think he means the pre and not the Treo.

Any idea of the Spanish Pre is unlocked too?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My goodness, of course I mean the Pre I have the Treo currently.

Movistar sells SIMlocked Pres. But I heard somewhere that you can buy unlock codes from them. I would like to know it that's true...
    There is an unlocked Movistar Pre on ebay, ending shortly. The guy is clear in the description that it has been unlocked using a code generated using its IMEI.

I can't find info on the Movistar site (largely due to my noexistent Spanish) about this though. Nor can I definitively find out if it's possible to get contract free pre's from them.

If the device can be unlocked using an IMEI code, it must surely be possible for a developer to work this system out and apply it to an Irish Pre? Or am I hoping?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Where are our Spanish speaking amigos ??

Are there any hombres out there who can confirm whether MoviStar are:

a] selling the Pre in contract free form
    b] providing the unlocking code, even at a price?

cheers, senoritas !
    Someone is Spain has paid this morning for an unlock code through a page:
    Still no update:

Spanish thread: liberar palm pre de movistar
    It seems that this site includes the Pre in the list of devices that can be unlocked on this page:

Unlock Palm Pre

It's in Spanish though so I can't make much sense of it. By the way, it seems pretty expensive too! (49 euros)
    I googletranslated that page - it says "your phone may be released"

THis has made me laugh at the spanglish, and not really told me anything.

Google Translate

EDIT: also, www.treounlock.net claims to be able to unlock the Pre, but as I have not got an IMEI, I can't test it. I am suspicious.
    It says "Your phone can be unlocked"

The page is written as if they can actually do it, I mean, nothing says "soon to be released an unlock system" or anything similar. It looks like they can unlock the Pre right now.

They ask you to fill in the information, and your real contact details to send you the invoice. You would get the unlock in 24-72h.

BUT, If it would be me I wouldn't use this service.
    I just don't have a good feeling when they ask for my full details. Nowadays nobody send invoices by post.
    And they even ask for the National Identity Number (that's like the passport number).

I unlocked in the past an HTC through email and it tooked everything 5min. Paid by paypal, only gave IMEI, and that was all.

It doesn't look good to me.
    But that's only my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed View Post
    Isn't it easy to get the IMEI for your Pre? Doesn't *#06# work?
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post
    Isn't it easy to get the IMEI for your Pre? Doesn't *#06# work?
    not if you don't have a Pre yet...
    not if you don't have a Pre yet...
    Fair enough
    yes, *#06# does work on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    Where are our Spanish speaking amigos ??

Are there any hombres out there who can confirm whether MoviStar are:

a] selling the Pre in contract free form
    b] providing the unlocking code, even at a price?

cheers, senoritas !
    They have to unlock the phones after 12 months, but before that timeframe, it's not clear. It's supposed it can be done directly with Movistar (paying), but I don't know about anyone who has done it. Of course, unlocked phones isn't an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    but I don't know about anyone who has done it.
    I've been e-mailing the guy who sold the Spanish pre on ebay, and he says it was done for him by an idividual using the IMEI. I am trying to get more information on who this might be, whethere they are a movistar employee or not.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I've been e-mailing the guy who sold the Spanish pre on ebay, and he says it was done for him by an idividual using the IMEI. I am trying to get more information on who this might be, whethere they are a movistar employee or not.
    Nice one, keep us posted !
    Kind of unsurprisingly he is not particularly willing to give me any information, but he is trying to source more Movistar Pres to unlock and ebay. I'll keep an eye open.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Thanks for trying..
    Does the Spanish/Movistar version have a localised keyboard too? To accomodate their fancy characters? This, apart from the whole QWERTY/QWERTZ issue, puts me off a German Pre.
    It appears to be the same as an Irish/UK model. I don't have a mdoel code, so i can't confirm. IIRC the German one ends DE and the other ends EU.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast