1.    #1  
    Ok, so my problem is this- I get a new text message, reply , blah blah blah. When I back swipe to get to all of my text chats, some are missing. I can retrieve them (sometimes) by clicking the 'new text' button and putting in the appropriate name and sending a new message. It will re-populate the entire message, but when I swipe to get back to all my messages, it will disappear again.

Any help would be appreciated- im getting frustrated. I do have Preware installed. Not sure if this is the issue.
    Preware should not be having any affect towards your issue.However you can test it by uninstalling and see if the issue goes away. Do you have any patches installed?
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have 12 patches installed. The only SMS patch was the 'enter key for new line' patch. Just deleted it. Going to restart and see if that helps.

Do you actually uninstall preware or just delete it?
    thx kev.
    Quote Originally Posted by D0UntoOtherz View Post
    Yes, I have 12 patches installed. The only SMS patch was the 'enter key for new line' patch. Just deleted it. Going to restart and see if that helps.

Do you actually uninstall preware or just delete it?
    thx kev.
    You would just delete it like any other app, however before you get to that I would run the "Emergency Patch Recovery Tool" found in Preware which will remove all of your patches in one swoop.

Then restart and see if the problem is corrected. If not then start taking off homebrews including Preware.

If it does get fixed by removing patches, then reinstall one by one and check to see if a certain patch causes the problem.

It is also possible something just went haywire on a certain patch install that will not reproduce itself the second go-round.

Patching is a "at-risk" function and I have had to go to "the doctor" a few times while just installing or removing a patch.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'd run the EPR from Preware and see if that fixes it. If not, you may need to Dr it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the advice. Lets see what happens!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    NEVER delete a chat thread. You can delete individual messages inside the thread, but don't delete the entire thread. If you do, that contact won't show up in Conversations. Search "disappearing conversations" for more info.
    Having the same problem with disappearing text messages. I have preware installed and several patches. If you find what caused it please let me know. I think it might be something with My Notification app, but i'm not sure.