Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to remove the “Forecast for” from the Google weather banner at the top of my calendar view? I checked in my settings on my Google Calendar but I don’t see an option to remove it. But I have seen several screen prints online of peoples who just list the City, State and Temp, without the annoying “Forecast for” in front of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Mine displays as "Forecast for...". It might be possible that others are not using the default plugin on Google Calendar??
    This drives me up the wall also. It keeps showing it and I can't eliminate it!
  4.    #4  
    I KNOW! Plus it annoys me even more seeing screen shots of others who don't have it!
    Purely out of curiosity, what is so annoying about:

"Forecast for Phoenix, AZ (91° | 66°)"
    vs.
    "Phoenix, AZ (91° | 66°)"

??
  6.    #6  
    Not sure why it bugs me visually...it just does.

Beleive me, I wish it didn't!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDWilson75 View Post
    Not sure why it bugs me visually...it just does.

Beleive me, I wish it didn't!
    LOL! Point taken.
    My calendar view doesn't show any forecast - i didn't even know this was possible. I don't see where to enable that option.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I'm annoyed with Google Calendar and Contacts and the Pre as it is.

Example, I can kill weather on Google Cal. yet the pre still has it. It's like herpes. Once the Pre gets it, it can't get rid of it. I jst rebooted and no matter what, the Pre stil has Google Weather as an option.The Pre sync's changes on Google, but the Google doesn't get changes made on the Pre. Ex. Google contact updated on the Pre does not get updated on Goggle. I don't care how many times I use "Sync", I don't think Sync actually does anything. CHanges made on Google are updated automatically anyway.

I first had the weather using my zip code then changed to my city and state but the Pre still uses the zip. So I killed weather on Google and it's still on the Pre not matter what, and I can't get rid of it. It takes no changes either, like city, state from zip.

I try real hard to love the Pre, but it's not easy. More people I meet that have them, also are on a decending love affair with the Pre. It's a great idea, but it's just not stacking up. It's like the launch of Windows 95. At every turn, you need to reboot just to get rid of the goofy crap no one can explain, as well as get it working smooth again when it startes boging down. Half the things that should work may or may not.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    My calendar view doesn't show any forecast - i didn't even know this was possible. I don't see where to enable that option.
    Go to Google Calendar and look in Settings. But beware, it appears that whatevery you set it up as the first time, will be the only thing you'll have, ever, and it won't go away on the Pre, no matter how hard you try.
    Open the calendar card...

Tap the uppler left corner where it says "Calendar"

Tap on Preferences & Accounts

Scroll down to "Calendar View Options"

Scroll down to the second box in "Google" called Weather

In "Display in "All Calanders" view, toggle the button to OFF...

and make sure your Calendar iew is set to "All Calendars" and the weather is gone...

That will REMOVE the weather but not change the "Forecast for:" but if it bothers you that much, dump it.

You will also notice a slight decrease in the calendar lag when opening.

Hope that helps.

Jon
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    Hmm...wonder why some have it and some don't?
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TDWilson75 View Post
    Hmm...wonder why some have it and some don't?
    Because some enable it on Google.

BTW, I figured out how to get rid of Weather. I had to "Unsubscribe", not just disable it.

Now I'm good, but it's does still say "Forecast for......"
    Thanks, was confused for a second, but finally caught on to what was being said - that I had to first enable forecast in Google calendar from the web, then the option showed up on the Pre.
    I just tried lifehacker tip using underground weather ical Add weather to Gcal - Top - Lifehacker and the format is a bit better, although i find the temp different from googles so i don't know who's more accurate. i like the format of underground weather as it'll tell you if there's thunderstorms, cloudy, etc. and the "forecast for" isn't there
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    I just tried lifehacker tip using underground weather ical Add weather to Gcal - Top - Lifehacker and the format is a bit better, although i find the temp different from googles so i don't know who's more accurate. i like the format of underground weather as it'll tell you if there's thunderstorms, cloudy, etc. and the "forecast for" isn't there
    Nice Tip!
  17.    #17  
    How do you copy the ical address? When I click on it, it wants me to download a file to my computer?
  18.    #18  
    Nevermind, I figured it out! THANKS!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone View Post
    Great tip. Much better than the default g Calendar. Thanks a bunch.
  20.    #20  
    Yeah...thanks alot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast