1.    #1  
    Not sure if this has been answered yet, but how is the 3G speed on the GSM Pre? You can run a speed test at the mobile speedtest.com website.

I am curious to see the difference between HSPDA and EVDO rev A.

TIA

- Nick
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    That just gave an ad site, but using 3G connection just outside of central london at half 4 gives me 1.88 mbps on my3gspeed. Altought it kind of came to stand still in central London at about 5 last friday :P
    Hmm, well using my3gspeed I get 0.73mbps over 3g (with a very weak 3g signal) in central London at 5.30pm.

Funny though, I tried a WiFi for comparison and got exactly the same which I found suspect.
    kinda funny andy I have noticed for awhile that when on wifi in my home that my internet speeds seem to vary depending on my phones reception???????
    why would my internet speed change with my cell signal when I have full wifi bars?
    I have ran the quick tests over and over with no results of my wifi not functioning, whats the deal?
    Is there a tool to measure the speed and also how much data are you downloading?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    kinda funny andy I have noticed for awhile that when on wifi in my home that my internet speeds seem to vary depending on my phones reception???????
    why would my internet speed change with my cell signal when I have full wifi bars?
    I have ran the quick tests over and over with no results of my wifi not functioning, whats the deal?
    There's definately something fishy going on. Just tried it again now, I'm working from home today with no 3G signal (I'm lucky to get G with 1 or 2 bars) but strong WiFi.

The browser seems to be snappy, things display fast as I would expect but my3gspeed is still giving 0.73. I'm thinking it is caching my original result somehow.
    In in Central London, Oxford Street area, and im not getting any 3G at all, just EDGE. Pants.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    These are my my3gspeed.com results:
    T-Mobile Germany, full signal
    Download: 1.78 mbps
    These are my my3gspeed.com results:
    o2 Germany, full signal, Berlin
    Download: 1.88 mbps
  10.    #10  
    Awesome thanks guys. Looks very similar to the speeds we are getting here in the states with EVDO rev A.

I am guessing data and voice work at the same time now?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo