1.    #1  
    4 times in the last 3 days I've accidentally sent emails or text messages from my Pre. I've had the device for going on 40 days now and use regularly for email and sms so I don't think it's a matter of 'getting used to it' at this point.

This has happened for a few different reasons -- while editing a message, trying to 'tap in' the cursor on the lower right side of the text entry area or by just shifting the Pre in my hand while moving around with the app full screen (but not finished typing the message).

Clearly if typing a 'new' message, this situation can be avoided by not entering the addressee until you are ready to send, but this doesn't help with replies or continuations of an sms thread.

Am I the only one having this problem repeatedly?

What would people think about either (a) alternate placement of the buttons from their current seat at the bottom of the card or (b) make the buttons context-specific only being "brought up" from the gesture area when you tap there or tap-and-hold. I know there are lots of other priorities for Palm / the patch community to be working on so I don't see either of these becoming a priority, just wanted to feel out the group.

Anyone else have even better ideas? Besides me being more careful in composing SMS and Email...
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Anyone else have even better ideas? Besides me being more careful in composing SMS and Email...
    I haven't had any problem at all. But then again, if I have to juggle the phone around and move while I'm composing an email or text, I minimize the app. or lock the screen until I'm ready to come back to it.

It's a touch screen; you have to be aware of how and when you touch it.