Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. ctrobins's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok, i am completely satisfied with my pre, and this website. However there are only two things that I would like to be able to do that I can't: 1. When the Pre is one the touchstone charger, i haven't found a way (or an app) that will let me turn the backlight on the screen completely off. It will dim, but not shut off.

    Secondly, What is the app or the solution to allowing me to forward text and picture mail. According to a text that I received last night, i'm going to spend eternity in hell, if i don't forward it to ten people...Please help save my soul! LOL

    Thanks for any help
  2. espio's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #2  
    Currently as far as I am aware, there is no way to shut off the back light while the pre is on the touchstone.

    Secondly this link will give you more information about the text you received.

  3. dbeedle's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrobins View Post
    Ok, i am completely satisfied with my pre, and this website. However there are only two things that I would like to be able to do that I can't: 1. When the Pre is one the touchstone charger, i haven't found a way (or an app) that will let me turn the backlight on the screen completely off. It will dim, but not shut off.

    Thanks for any help
    I beleive Brightness Unlinked will do this. At least, it does on mine. On the touchstone you get the option to "Allow sleep mode".
    TTFN
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    I beleive Brightness Unlinked will do this. At least, it does on mine. On the touchstone you get the option to "Allow sleep mode".
    +1 The above solution will allow ou to turn off the backlight while on the touchstone.

    As for your second issue, "There is a Patch for that". See Preware.
  5. #5  
    trust me.. go get WEBos quick install.. amazing program for your computer.. and amazing way of getting little tweaks to the phone..

    I for one was a person so irritated with not being able to forward texts, and pics, and such.. and no blinking notification telling me i had a message waiting when my phone screen was off.. and now the virtual keyboard..

    I highly reccommend getting web os quick install.. make a small donation.. the guys on this website are amazing.. and constantly coming up with great new apps, and new tweaks and themes for the phone.. and if i can install this stuff.. so can you..
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    trust me.. go get WEBos quick install.. amazing program for your computer.. and amazing way of getting little tweaks to the phone..

    I for one was a person so irritated with not being able to forward texts, and pics, and such.. and no blinking notification telling me i had a message waiting when my phone screen was off.. and now the virtual keyboard..

    I highly reccommend getting web os quick install.. make a small donation.. the guys on this website are amazing.. and constantly coming up with great new apps, and new tweaks and themes for the phone.. and if i can install this stuff.. so can you..
    Don't overlook Preware. Provides all features of WebOS Quick Install without needing to connect to PC. Patches and Homebrew on the fly wherever you are!!!

    And the Emergency Patch Recovery tool in Preware is priceless!!
  7. #7  
    +1 for Preware. But you do need WOSQI to install it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!

Posting Permissions