1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

I got my Pre yesterday, and noticed the following issue:

If I charge the Pre using the bundled USB charger, sometimes the Pre freezes up after disconnecting the charger and trying to use the device. I can not do anything, and I have to put out the battery to make it work again. The pre is definitely running, because pressing the power-on key has no effect.

Can anyone reproduce this issue? I have webOS 1.2.1 and Preware installed.

Thanks!
    try webos recovery utility , it will not erase any important data and will find any messed up stuff in your phone , just ignor anything you don't want changed while its running or ask it to fix everything and when you start over with homebrew instead of downloading everything at once , download one thing at a time giving it a little time before you do something else that way you know what apps or patches are not working properly. Anyways hope this helps have a great day
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have had exactly that problem a few times but wonder if I have more of an underlying issue.

edit: i was going to post a link to my issue but i dont have enough posts yet!

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/210522-touchscreen-stops-working-when-plugged-into-pc.html
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I just did a partial reset yesterday. Same problem
    are you using an oem charger (the one that ame with the pre?)

aftermarket chargers (the bad ones) freezes the pre.

also, you may have a faulty pre charger.
    this is not a reset it is using web doc to fix whatever is messed up without losing data .you choose what to fix if you want to or have it fix e erything but it will find whatever your problem is if its a software problem
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    are you using an oem charger (the one that ame with the pre?)

aftermarket chargers (the bad ones) freezes the pre.

also, you may have a faulty pre charger.
    I am using the original Palm charger, problem appears with USB charging over my MacBook and with using the power adapter.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is not a reset it is using web doc to fix whatever is messed up without losing data .you choose what to fix if you want to or have it fix e erything but it will find whatever your problem is if its a software problem
    Where can I download this Web Doc?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Don't pull the battery just yet!

There is a way to do a restart on the device without yanking out the battery.

It is a very simple process

1. Hold down the power button
    2. Slide the ringer switch back and forth
    3. Repeat step 2
    4. Repeat step 2
    5. Release power button
    6. Wait a few seconds device screen should go black and then reboot

If you are still frozen there is another character combination you can try to restart the device

Press and hold the orange key + the sym key + the letter r the device should restart and then boot back up.

if that still doesn't get it out of a frozen state or doesn't reset the device then as a last resort you can pop the battery out.

Had mine freeze up this morning and the power volume combo did not work, this however did restart it.
    Take it back. I had the same problme and took mine back. No problem with the new one. Also, palm support and Sprint were great about it. Kudos to palm and sprint!