Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Took my broken Pre back to O2 this morning and there happened to be a Palm rep in store at the time so I took the opportunity to ask him some questions...

He said WebOS 1.2 would be coming very soon - he mentioned Friday but it was unclear whether he meant this friday or next. He blamed the delay on the O2 network needing some updates to allow it to be rolled out. He also said 1.3 would be hot on it's heals.

He also said 1.2 would NOT feature paid-for apps in the UK, but that it has some massive usability improvements. One of the updates will also correctly filter the app catalog for UK released apps (currently we see the US catalog). He also reckoned the Palm profile web pages would be fully functional very soon.

He had a GSM Pre with WebOS 1.3 already loaded and was showing me how much more responsive and faster it is. I was quite impressed - it sure did seem much faster and less laggy.

Finally he mentioned that Flash for the Pre would be available within 2 weeks!

I think that's all. He diagnosed my faulty pre as having a bad sim card connector which was causing it to constantly reboot. My new one seems fine.
    a bit over eager I'd assume for that rep. Last I heard flash was due sometime early next year. It would be fantastic if it came in earlier, but I doubt it!
    Looking forward to the updates.... =)
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    a bit over eager I'd assume for that rep. Last I heard flash was due sometime early next year. It would be fantastic if it came in earlier, but I doubt it!
    actually flash is supposed to come before the end of this year
    http://www.precentral.net/adobe-flas...-101-demod-pre
    did see how many apps were installed?

UK isn't seeing the limitation as much, eh?

(oh yes I did) :-)
    I'd have thought if flash was due in 2 weeks we'd have heard some announcement about it.

I'm not pinning much hope on 1.2 arriving this week but if the update does come out I'll be happy.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    You know we always require a picture for proof on this forum right?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadsoul View Post
    actually flash is supposed to come before the end of this year
    http://www.precentral.net/adobe-flas...-101-demod-pre
    According to the link in that article:

"A public developer beta of the browser-based runtime is expected to be available for Windows® Mobile, Palm® webOS and desktop operating systems including Windows, Macintosh and Linux later this year."
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    1.2 in the UK would be amazing, there's so many patches I want to install but don't work at the moment.

Flash would be even more amazing, iplayer ftw :P
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The fact that Adobe showed a video of it on Pre two weeks back is the proof that its ready.
    They might be fixing any last minute bugs at this point.

My feeling is it will be released on WebOS before WinMo or Android.
    Do you know if new update (to 1.2 or 1.3) will help on battery consumption?
    I need to charge my Pre twice a day..
  12.    #12  
    No idea about battery life, didn't ask.

This guy was a rep so take what he says with a pinch of salt, but he did make a point of telling me about flash - I didn't even ask him but he grabbed me as I was leaving to tell me - seems he was excited about it!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I can only wish he is true about a snappier Pre and flash in two weeks. That would be killer updates. And i think its been a while we had 1.2.1 and we might seriously be right around the corner from the next update.
    did u ask if 1.3 will have open gl
    I think there could be something to this... Maybe British reps are more reliable than American reps. After all, the have that cool accent...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think there could be something to this... Maybe British reps are more reliable than American reps. After all, the have that cool accent...
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    Do you know if new update (to 1.2 or 1.3) will help on battery consumption?
    I need to charge my Pre twice a day..
    Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a bigger battery. I have a Seidio 2600 and couldn't be happier with it! Palm might be able to improve battery life some, but it still won't be enough once we get more and more apps and you start messing and playing with your phone more and more. Yeah it makes your phone a little thicker, but it is well worth it!

Check out the Pre Accessories forum, I have written a review there for the Seidio 2600.

Getting that battery was the best thing ever for my Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    He had a GSM Pre with WebOS 1.3 already loaded and was showing me how much more responsive and faster it is. I was quite impressed - it sure did seem much faster and less laggy.
    He already had webOS 1.3? You should of swiped it from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    He already had webOS 1.3? You should of swiped it from him.
    Nit picking here...but it's "should have", not "should of".
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    A couple of weeks wont hurt. Will be great to get those patches etc when we finally are updated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast