Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Nit picking here...but it's "should have", not "should of".

    Actually that's not true - it's a matter of some debate amongst linguists with many saying it's fine in a non-prescriptive language such as English, see:


    * Coates, Richard. (1989). ''A solution to the 'must of' problem''. York Papers in Linguistics 14.159-167.

    * Kayne, Richard. (1997). ''The English complementizer of''. The Journal of
    Comparative Germanic Linguistics 1.43-54.

    * Cheshire, Jenny, Viv Edwards, and Pamela Whittle. (1993). "Non-standard English and dialect levelling." In Milroy, James and Lesley Milroy (eds.). Real English.

    * The grammar of English dialects in the British Isles. Longman, London: 53-96. - (2005). ''Syntactic surprises in some English letters: the underlying progress of the language''. Language History from Below - Linguistic Variation in the Germanic Languages from 1700 to 2000, Clifton, Bristol.
  2. #22  
    thanks for putting that annoying nit picker in his place...seriously who cares?!!
  3. #23  
    thanks for putting that annoying nit picker in his place...seriously who cares?!!
  4. #24  
    You'd be surprised how many people care. I wasn't aware of all the controversy around this, because to me saying "should of" just makes no sense. But I am not going to get into this, I am sticking with the "should have" version, because it makes sense. The reason MOST people (except those linguists quoted above) write "should of" is because they don't know how to spell and just go by how things sound.

    But yeah, who cares....moving on, nothing here to see.

    ariel M, before you call me an annoying nit picker, maybe you want to contribute something to this forum before you lash out at people that actually have.
  5. #25  
    I'm not holding out any hope there will be an update today!
  6. #26  
    Well nothing as of yet, maybe lunch time? But I won't be holding my breath, i'd like to make it to the pub tonight.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zischke View Post
    Well nothing as of yet, maybe lunch time? But I won't be holding my breath, i'd like to make it to the pub tonight.
    The big deal won't be when you get 1.2.0 anyway.

    The big deal will be when the UK get's 1.3.0, and the US get's it too, so we're all using the same version. Right now you guys are pretty crippled in the patch/hack/homebrew arena. Once everybody is on the same page, it will be better for everyone.


    As far as flash coming to the Pre, I see no reason why it couldn't be in the next few weeks. As others have pointed out, it's already CLEARLY functional on the Pre, even if there are bugs. I'll happily use a "less than polished" version.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people care. I wasn't aware of all the controversy around this, because to me saying "should of" just makes no sense. But I am not going to get into this, I am sticking with the "should have" version, because it makes sense. The reason MOST people (except those linguists quoted above) write "should of" is because they don't know how to spell and just go by how things sound.

    But yeah, who cares....moving on, nothing here to see.

    ariel M, before you call me an annoying nit picker, maybe you want to contribute something to this forum before you lash out at people that actually have.
    Oh God, this isn't one of those forums where all people do is look for spelling and grammar mistakes in other people's posts, is it?

    Sorry I joined!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    The big deal won't be when you get 1.2.0 anyway.

    The big deal will be when the UK get's 1.3.0, and the US get's it too, so we're all using the same version. Right now you guys are pretty crippled in the patch/hack/homebrew arena. Once everybody is on the same page, it will be better for everyone.


    As far as flash coming to the Pre, I see no reason why it couldn't be in the next few weeks. As others have pointed out, it's already CLEARLY functional on the Pre, even if there are bugs. I'll happily use a "less than polished" version.
    I agree, but 1.2 would be nice, i cant wait for 5x4 icons and a virtual keyboard. Most of the patches seem more appealing than the apps!
  10. #30  
    Adobe have stated that Flash Beta will be available on the WebOS in october, so expect it any day now...=).

    Agreed im also waiting on 1.2, however german insider info has it europe will skip the 1.2 update and jump straight to 1.3 in par with the US in november (which does make sense in terms of timeframes of each update being rolled out)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    The big deal won't be when you get 1.2.0 anyway.

    The big deal will be when the UK get's 1.3.0, and the US get's it too, so we're all using the same version. Right now you guys are pretty crippled in the patch/hack/homebrew arena. Once everybody is on the same page, it will be better for everyone.


    As far as flash coming to the Pre, I see no reason why it couldn't be in the next few weeks. As others have pointed out, it's already CLEARLY functional on the Pre, even if there are bugs. I'll happily use a "less than polished" version.
    We're also one version behind in the UK/Europe. So we have people reading about one feature set on our website/here in the forum, but actually seeing something completely different on their phones.

    "Once everybody is on the same page, it will be better for everyone." could not agree more.
    Follow us on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook

    Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  12. ZeroT's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #32  
    no sign of any update

    kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/o2/solutions/article/71380_en.html
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey2 View Post
    Oh God, this isn't one of those forums where all people do is look for spelling and grammar mistakes in other people's posts, is it?

    Sorry I joined!
    yeah, you guys are unpossible.
  14. ZeroT's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
    yeah, you guys are unpossible.
    yeah, you guys is unpossible.
  15. Benuk's Avatar
    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroT View Post
    no sign of any update

    kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/o2/solutions/article/71380_en.html
    I wouldn’t rely on that page it has stated that since launch in the UK and there was the day zero release of 1.1.3
  16. tommce's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #36  
    Hi, is anybody else having trouble connecting to check for updates?

    Every time I run Updates I get the message 'Unable to connect. Try again later', been happening for a week. Previously it said 'Phone up to date' or whatever.

    O2 said they hadn't been told anything and, you guessed, to just keep trying.


    SOLUTION

    Replying to your own posts is a bit sad really, isn't it.... but sorted this out and thought it worth posting here as it seems a pretty basic problem and it doesn't seem to be something O2 know to check.

    My Pre updated perfectly until , it turns out, I ported my existing number; the Palm Profile still had the original number issued at purchase and therefore wouldn't connect to check for updates. You can't actually edit that section of your profile, so, once you have logged out of your profile, you have to run a partial erase on your handset from Device Info>Reset Options.

    Not too much of a hassle; need to resync Contacts and of course, because we are still on 1.1.3, you lose all of your web bookmarks, but Update now works.
    Last edited by tommce; 11/02/2009 at 05:26 AM.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey2 View Post
    Oh God, this isn't one of those forums where all people do is look for spelling and grammar mistakes in other people's posts, is it?

    Sorry I joined!
    No, this is not a forum where all people do is... er... where the only thing people do is look for spelling and grammer mistakes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18. #38  
    A palm rep in an O2 store maybe he should have told them to actually promote the phone a bit better , I have seen the cut down version of the Palm TV advert in the UK.. that woman is quite annoying I have found. lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions