Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Is there away to get my laptop online using my palm pre.. I seen that tether program but it seemed kinda difficult.. is there any other way? If so how?
    Thanks
    My Tether is really quite easy to install, especially if you get the newest version but that costs $15 but well worth it if you tether alot.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    how easy? were is the link in homebrew section?
    If tethering is a need for you, it is WELL worth it to get the paid version of MyTether.

It has a simple installer, no hoops to jump through.

I paid, and I don't regret it. It pays for itsel after one use.
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    If tethering is a need for you, it is WELL worth it to get the paid version of MyTether.

It has a simple installer, no hoops to jump through.

I paid, and I don't regret it. It pays for itsel after one use.
    I agree completly. Especially if you are using in in crowded or busy areas the paid version allows for key on the wifi network not just a open network that anyone can get on.
    SCK Manager
    Getting my pre today, I dropped the sob and the screen cracked, my brother told me abotu this app, WELL WORTH IT...it's like the wireless routers that Sprint cell for over 100 bucks.... get this app!!!! highly recommended!!!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1968253 check this thread.. Webosinstall restart phone.. Done
    My contract with Verizon Fios is up and I just donated and plan to try it tonight. I mostly use my internet for email and hated paying almost $50 a month for something I hardly used and this should be good enough. if this works and is even a little faster than dialup I will be happy.

I can do major downloads from work if I need to.
    So if a donation is made for the $15 you are able to download this without rooting the pre. I really have no interest in such things but could really use this program and dont mind paying
    That is what I understand but haven't installed it yet as I am at work and my cord is at home.

The process looks simple. Only a couple steps and all the links are provided when you pay. From the website.

Put the PRE into developer mode (This is not rooting.)
    • Download and install some software and drivers to your computer.
    • Hook up a USB cable to the Pre and computer in “Charge-Only” mode.
    • Download and run the MyTether install program.
    I downloaded the mytether zip. All I have to do is install the ipk through woqi and it will work? Or do I need other drivers or software? If so, what drivers/software?

That would be great if all I need is the ipk.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    you have to root ur phone first........

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Not for the "paid" version.

I installed last night with no problem and it took about 3 minutes. All you do is make sure you load two driver type programs on your computer a link is provided after you pay, connect the Pre via USB cable, then run the "paid" version of this app.

Works great and nice 1.2-1.4 DSL type speed. I checked my email with it this morning and went on FaceBook to play MafiaWars and it is fine for that.
    No rooting required for the free version either. I downloaded it thru preware when it first came out and have been using it since via wifi. Connection is wonderful. Haven't tried the paid version.