1.    #1  
    So at work I generally keep the data radio off (I have the handy little data toggle homebrew app installed to make it a one click process). I forgot to turn the radio back on when I got home until about 8:30pm. I turned it back on, let the email update, checked that, and then put it down. 2 hours later I got the 10% warning (it was over 80% when I turned the radio back on). I had no apps running, nor had I really opened anything all day. The GPS was on, but I always have my GPS on and have never experienced anything like this before.

Also, I haven't installed any new apps or anything today.

Any idea of what this might be? How do I stop this from happening in the future?
  2.    #2  
    update: Just noticed that even after I turned off and pulled the battery and rebooted the device, it's still draining far too fast. It has drained 2% in the time it took me to write the first post!
    maybe your battery is defective go to a sprint and let a tech test it if it is defective theyll give you a new one
    for real... I can get a good day and a half worth of use... My battery is soooo much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlhyde View Post
    update: Just noticed that even after I turned off and pulled the battery and rebooted the device, it's still draining far too fast. It has drained 2% in the time it took me to write the first post!
    Have you installed any new patches or homebrews recently?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Honestly, I have had that happen on both my phone and my wife's phone.

My phone I have all sorts of patches and home brew apps.
    Hers has nothing but stock stuff.

So, anyways I am not saying that it is not an app from home brew or even the app catalog that is causing it. I would venture it has something to do with a memory leak.

But the way I have resolved the issue on both phones when it starts to do the super battery drain is to pull the battery for a bit put it back in and charge it up. I generally have to do that like once a month, and I just do a soft reset like once a week.

Hope that helps.