1.    #1  
    I'm selling my Pre tomorrow and I was wondering how to reset it so that the new owner doesn't have any of my old stuff on there and he can type in his Palm Profile?

We are exchanging at the Sprint store in the AM. If I do a FULL ERASE, will that erase my contacts along with everything else so it's like its new out of box? Thanks
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    A full erase will remove all of your personal information, but won't undo patches and other modifications.

To be on the safe side, I would use the WebOSDoctor to completely return it to "out of the box"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    A full erase will remove all of your personal information, but won't undo patches and other modifications.

To be on the safe side, I would use the WebOSDoctor to completely return it to "out of the box"
    If I use WebOSDoc, will that erase my contacts??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    web doc it for sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    I can't have my contacts erased because I will need to transfer them to a new phone in the morning.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    I can't have my contacts erased because I will need to transfer them to a new phone in the morning.
    The I would suggest you find a way to arrange things so that you transfer the contacts, and THEN run WebOSdoc.

A full erase and the WebOSdr will BOTH erase all your contacts, so you really have no choice.

If doing things in that order is impossible, then I suggest you find a way to sync your contacts to google and load them onto your new phone after.

Whether or not that is possible depends on what phone you're moving to.
    Err... you want to erase it... but not erase it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  8.    #8  
    I'm getting the HTC hero. So, if I transfer my contacts over to my new phone tomorrow at the Sprint store and then click the Full Erase, that will clear out everything and it will be like new?
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    go into webos QI tools device managment and uninstall all that way or go into preware and use the emergency patch recovery or whatever its called and then uninstall all your apps one by one lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    cool