1.    #1  
    Ive read all the posts on deleting SMS messages, but cant find this answer.

As everyone knows flicking a conversation and deleting it does not truly delete it, it only causes more problems with missing contacts etc.

I saw one person say USB in and go to the MSG folder and delete convos...but there are no such convos in the msg folder.

There has to be a way to do this, even if it is from command line Im fine with that, I just feel like there must be mega amounts of ram being used by my conversations since they take so long to load sometimes (very treo like).

While Im at it...is there any harm in clearing out the "attachments" folder in the usb drive? It appears to hold copies of every mms you send for whatever reason.
    Maybe if you stopped cheating on your wife, you wouldn't have to delete them.
    I'd really like to know the answer to this myself. I've been hesitant to bulk delete the threads because of what I've read of disappearances.
    Unfortunately the only way to do it is to delete the messages one-by-one. Just to be safe, I'd save at least one message in each convo to make sure the bug doesn't bite.
  5.    #5  
    I know there has to be a way at least via linux commandline. Ive read about cleaning out your email folder this way so there has to be a way to do it for sms....I hope

Just incase not, backing up and doing a full erase the two big things you lose are bookmarks and contact links correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    I know there has to be a way at least via linux commandline. Ive read about cleaning out your email folder this way so there has to be a way to do it for sms....I hope

Just incase not, backing up and doing a full erase the two big things you lose are bookmarks and contact links correct?
    Bookmarks are currently backed up now with the 1.2 update.

The only safe way to delete the messages is to swipe and delete. If that doesn't work, then resort to a soft reset. If that doesn't work, then I suggest WebOS Doctor (if you really wanted to).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Ok I see people talking about the threads disappearing if you try to delete the messages as a whole... any way to fix it??

I didn't realize it would do that, and after the texting boxes were taking forever to load I decided to try and clear out all the messages and now nothing shows up in my texting icon.
    I have this problem right now, I use a social network called Brightkite which relies heavily on SMS and there will be some days I get over 200 - 300 txt's. I've noticed this causes the SMS app to do some weird things, like hide the conversation altogether and the only way to get back into is to create a new SMS or wait for another to be sent so you can click on the dashboard notification.

Right now I have no way of fixing it, I'm not about to delete 200 - 300 messages one by one, and I can't delete the entire thread because of my problem.
    I run through 5-6k text a month
    So how do you fix the deleted conversation bug? I've been sending and receiving texts from one person who I conversation deleted yesterday, but his name will not appear in the new messaging.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garne4 View Post
    So how do you fix the deleted conversation bug? I've been sending and receiving texts from one person who I conversation deleted yesterday, but his name will not appear in the new messaging.
    The only fix I know of involves unlinking and relinking contacts. Or, in drastic measures, completely deleting the contact altogether.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Half of the time deleting the contact doesn't even work and for me causes my phone to run slower trying to access texts and contacts. There have been a few contacts that no matter what I do I can't get them to reappear in my messaging list.