1.    #1  
    EVERYTHING that we need a patch here or a tweak there for: IS INCLUDED ON EVERY OTHER SMARTPHONE!!
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/19/2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    EVERYTHING that we need a patch here or a tweak there for: IS ON EVERY OTHER SMARTPHONE!!
    So go get one instead of posting crap threads.

Thanks, bye!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post

Thanks, bye!
    +1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yeah, but ain't this fun....
    ..new updates, apps, and good god-almighty homebrew?
    Golly...I had no idea This sure did contribute to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post

Thanks, bye!
    +101
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    EVERYTHING that we need a patch here or a tweak there for: IS INCLUDED ON EVERY OTHER SMARTPHONE!!
    Mental illness??
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    One of the thing I've realized I love about this phone is that despite it's lack of obvious options, the homebrew community has been able to step in to fill the void, something that was clearly intentionally fostered from Palm's end.

Palms got this device out with software that needs serious under-the-hood work and left enough space out there for the homebrew community to add all the bells, whistles, spoilers, custom paint jobs, and new tires we could possibly want. I fully expect Palm to make many of the homebrew modifications official because they are so obvious, but having what amounts to two 'teams' working on the different aspects of the same project is a great situation to be in.
    ... but what does the Pre have that all other smartphones don't have? Focusing only on what the Pre doesn't have is a pointless excercise.

If you bought the Pre, you should have done so with the knowledge that a new OS and new hardware would likely come with some drawbacks.

The Pre has a huge upside, and that includes even being able to patch the OS and not getting locked out of the root OS at every update.

Pre with user created patches > Closed OS with squat.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    One of the thing I've realized I love about this phone is that despite it's lack of obvious options, the homebrew community has been able to step in to fill the void, something that was clearly intentionally fostered from Palm's end.

Palms got this device out with software that needs serious under-the-hood work and left enough space out there for the homebrew community to add all the bells, whistles, spoilers, custom paint jobs, and new tires we could possibly want. I fully expect Palm to make many of the homebrew modifications official because they are so obvious, but having what amounts to two 'teams' working on the different aspects of the same project is a great situation to be in.
    Now that's a reply that i could respect. I never personally attack anyone else here; but AS SOON AS I speak the truth about this phone, people take the low road.
  11. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Dear dbd,

You are a cancer. GTFO.

Signed,

The forums
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Dear dbd,

You are a cancer. GTFO.

Signed,

The forums
    THIS is exactly what i'm talking about.
    I believe this thread has run its course.

**CLOSED**

Oh, wait...
    Civil and informed discussion is welcomed on PreCentral. Closing this seemed only logical.