Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hello guys, I've been taking forever trying to connect my pre to my 360 so I could listen to songs and stuff but I can't figure it out. Has anyone does this? And if so, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangordi89 View Post
    Has anyone does this? And if so, how?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Couldn't resist.

But really, what do you mean connect it to the xbox?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Yes I have tried and so have many others but no, you can't access the USB from what I have seen. All you can do is charge from it.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    that sucks. Wow... I'm disapointed.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangordi89 View Post
    that sucks. Wow... I'm disapointed.
    If you bought the Pre with the single minded intent to use it with your x-box 360...than yes, you should be disappointed..at yourself.
    Not meaning to be snarky, but he means "connect my Pre to my 360 so I could listen to songs and stuff". The Xbox 360 allows you to connect USB devices containing music or video files and play those files in the background while performing other functions (like playing games). The question was fairly straightforward and clear, so I don't understand the attack. If you are not aware of the technical capabilities of the 360, why mock someone who is asking how to make this advertised feature work?

To the original poster's question: unfortunately I believe the 360 requires that the USB device be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32. The Pre is formatted for Linux (I believe using ext3?). At least this is my understanding from a year or two ago when I was having a similar issue using a USB stick I had formatted for Linux. There may have been a dashboard update recently that fixed this but I wouldn't hold my breath. I know there is a special download you can get from the Marketplace that also allows you to connect iPods (which are not formatted FATXX).
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Yes I have tried and so have many others but no, you can't access the USB from what I have seen. All you can do is charge from it.
    I think the same goes for the PS3, I tried to connect the Pre to the PS3 but only thing I was able to do was charge as well...bummer! but then again, why? lol for what?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoyleMycelf View Post
    The question was fairly straightforward and clear, so I don't understand the attack.
    I dont think anyone was attacking him. I asked him what he meant because I wanted to double check that he was trying via usb and not some other way.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    The Pre is formatted for Linux (I believe using ext3?).

I don't think so. If it was than windows would not be able to read/write to the disk, however, I could be wrong. I know that in my days of messing with linux, Windows couldn't read linux partitions but Linux could read/write Windows partitions.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    I dont think anyone was attacking him. I asked him what he meant because I wanted to double check that he was trying via usb and not some other way.
    anyways... So there isn't a way to do this? you should be able to connect it via usb but I guess not.
    Last edited by Mangordi89; 10/19/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    You could just stream from your computer.

Or buy a cheap thumbdrive and use that...
    unfortunately I believe the 360 requires that the USB device be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32. The Pre is formatted for Linux (I believe using ext3?).
    The partition where the pre stores songs is not linux. It is FAT32. However, not having played with trying to connect to my 360, I dont have any advice on how to get it to work.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I would do that, but my computer crashed last month.
    alright so i was messing around with this all and the videocam download and the videocam downloads it as a mpeg4 also i know the ps3 plays this format and i was trying to watch them from my pre so i didnt have to download a player of the internet
    install "uberkernel" by preware, then connect to the xbox 360.(after reseting luna). It works on my xbox 360. I'm not sure about a ps3.
    note: any problems with this app may void your warranty. But webos doctor should fix it. I've never had a problem.