1.    #1  
    hey there,

I remember a few weeks ago seeing a thread about a zune app and whether we would see one or not. I am contemplating getting a Zune and started thinking about how great it could work with mytether. You'd basically have full zune marketplace access anywhere you go, plus 32 gb of storage.

has anyone successfully tried this? What do you think?
    I don't think many people want to carry around two devices.
    no 'Thanks'
    i'd be all for this as i have a 16gb zune hd. sold my 1g itouch for it. i havnt really tried mytether too much because i hadnt had much access to an evdo connection although now recently i i am getting an evdo connection so maybe i will try it sometime
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    i'd be all for this as i have a 16gb zune hd. sold my 1g itouch for it. i havnt really tried mytether too much because i hadnt had much access to an evdo connection although now recently i i am getting an evdo connection so maybe i will try it sometime
    What's an 'itouch?'

Are you referring to a iPod Touch?
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    I don't think many people want to carry around two devices.
    I already do, I carry my 80gb Zune with me in the car almost all the time. Zune HD is even more convenient, it's not as thick. I want a Zune HD, might get one for myself for christmas.
    In the car != in your pocket.

Is the car relevant, or are you simply mentioning that you keep it on you, even while driving?
    no 'Thanks'
  7.    #7  

Is the car relevant, or are you simply mentioning that you keep it on you, even while driving?
    I too would rather only carry around one device, but I am very interested in the Zune. I think the two combined can offer a lot of possibilities.
    I would love to own a Zune HD, (if it weren't such limited in storage,) but I probably wouldn't be carrying it around much. I'd probably have it at work, and maybe for when I travel, but for most short-term stuff, the Pre seems sufficient. I sure as heck wouldn't want to use a portable music device as a source for my car's audio system
    no 'Thanks'

It's in my pocket when I ride my bicycle 4+ times per week.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It's in my pocket when I ride my bicycle 4+ times per week.
    Oh, I thought you were just happy to see me
    I wish Zune had open API's.....i love my Zune 80 and Zune software, but wish my Pre would sync with it.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    hey there,

I remember a few weeks ago seeing a thread about a zune app and whether we would see one or not. I am contemplating getting a Zune and started thinking about how great it could work with mytether. You'd basically have full zune marketplace access anywhere you go, plus 32 gb of storage.

has anyone successfully tried this? What do you think?
    I use mytether w/ my ipod touch every once in a while.. (slingplayer)
    -m
    I prefer to carry a cell phone and a dedicated music player, I don't want to have to worry about draining my cell phone battery just to listen to music, plus the zune hd is effing sweet
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I prefer to carry a cell phone and a dedicated music player, I don't want to have to worry about draining my cell phone battery just to listen to music, plus the zune hd is effing sweet
    This has been my train of thought for years. I have a Zune HD myself. In no way does the Pre's media interface even come close to what the ZuneHD can do. I currently rigged a Zune HD dock into my car, so now i have video and $15 all I can download music to go in my car, via remote as well.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Yeah, I already ordered a Zune HD for myself for Christmas, I too, cannot use my phone for a media player (that much), drains battery, and such. Just like I don't use my phone to replace my Garmin.
    so the zune hd does support adhoc? awesome im now gonna get one, ive been debating getting a touch pro 2 (im a windows mobile fan) but i like my pre too but if i can get best of both worlds that cool too. as it stands now i have the 2600 sedio battery but i can still burn through it in a day

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    the zunehd does not work with adhoc networks...unless its coming in the next firmware, which hopefully will be soon to fix the play count sync.
    as of right now, the zune hd does not support adhoc.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dylansylvester View Post
    the zunehd does not work with adhoc networks...unless its coming in the next firmware, which hopefully will be soon to fix the play count sync.
    as of right now, the zune hd does not support adhoc.
    Dam, I knew it was too good to be true. Thanks for providing this information, it might make me re-think (or at least delay) my purchase.