1.    #1  
    Back on Jan 11th 2009 I found an email I sent to a co-worker stating how I would love to put about $1000 into Palm stock after I saw webOS. He talked me down. The stock would nearly be tripled.

Kill me.

Love,

Tyler
    I purchased some Palm stock about a year ago before it went to it's low point, but regret not purchasing more when it was in the $3 range.

It's not just Palm stocks though. I've been doing a lot of stock research lately and if you look at almost anything, if you bought in early 2009, you would have easily doubled your money. Lots of stocks have even gone 4-5 times their value in that time.

Stocks were in a severe trough earlier this year.
    I remember telling myself to buy 1000 shares when they were at $1.57... D'oh!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    It's still an ok time to buy some PALM. There's still a lot of room to grow, especially once the company starts turning in a good profit each quarter. There's not gonna be any tripling of anything overnight, but IMO going long isn't a bad idea.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I *tried* to buy it at around $4/share.. but my investment account had been cancelled from non-use
    -m
    I could have easily afforded 1000 shares at $1.57. Not so much at $16 or whatever. So, I basically just screwed the proverbial pooch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I have made close to 20 large on PALM stock since December 2008. I have bought and sold twice and I currently am not holding any PALM stock because my current investment strategy requires that I wait until it drops to below $14 before buying more. I predict that PALM will trade in the $18 range by the end of the year assuming strong holiday sales. At that point I will sell again (assuming it ever drops again to $14).

I should also mention that prior to my investment in December 2008 I had lost a total $1400 in 4 years of investing in PALM stock so it has not been all gravy. I have however recently more than covered my losses.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My prediction came true. Just put in my buy order. Now I just need it to run up again with the Pixie launch. God I love PALM
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9.    #9  
    Goodluck sir. I hope you make a gazillion dollars.
    Palm stocks are down quite a bit today. Think its time to buy some to prepare for the market rebound.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Palm is getting hit pretty hard today (sold many tech stocks including Palm many moths ago) --- Down to 11.83 today from a high of 17+ --- I have been following Palm lately and the trend is <down> consistantly over the last weeks

What's up ???? Not a newbe here but even "pre-central" has this on the banner page

Kinda hurts my "Pre Love" karma today
    Tech stocks seems to be the biggest losers today. I'm assuming we're in a mini-lull, so Palm stocks being down 12% today, means bigger gains when it bounces back.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I think the market is looking at the recent movements by other players such as google and that's reflected in the share price. The early buzz about the market potential of the company off the back of WebOS has dissipated. I know that BMO Capital downgraded the company to under-perform on that basis.
    Last edited by CGK; 11/02/2009 at 11:28 AM.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Let's have a little sweep -

+/- $10 by friday?
    Well, Friday is the release of the Droid, I'd expect it to go down a bit, and since it's already at 10.90, I'd guess it'll be like 9.75 by the end of Friday, with a small recovery back to the 11s or so next week with the Pixi release.

Of course, I know next to nothing about the stock market, so they're just wild guesses.
    I think with the Motorola release the Palm stock won't be affected as a support line start to set during the last sessions.

The most important bit is the fundamentals and I'm looking for the sales report at the end of the quarter.
    Pedro

"Maybe The 1st Portuguese Citizen with a Palm Pre"
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I picked some up. It's dipped a little below where I picked it up but I'm comfident pixi and palm's longevity will push it back up by year end.
    Let me preface by saying that I know a single days gain is not any indication of long term trends...but Palm stocks went up a good 9.2% today!! [Fine print: it's still down 30% from 1.5 months ago]

Also, the stock was upgraded to a Buy status by Merrill Lynch, with a price target of $20. Lets hope it gets up in that range.
    My target is $18 per share and I would bet about 5G that it will get there.
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011