1.    #1  
    ...would be awesome.

Just imagine. You want to win those tickets from the radio station contest and you have to be caller 72. Now you KNOW you have to see the Jonas Brothers in concert but you dial on your Pre and you get a busy signal. You don't have much of an alternative (that I'm aware of) than to hang up, wait a few seconds and then tap the number again.
    I recently had to call a local government office on their busiest call day (which sucks) and kept getting a busy signal. I found that having to go through the redial procedure, as dictated by Palm, was tedious to say the least.
    I understand that this isn't necessarily a daily function unless you're calling busy lines frequently. However, having an auto-redial option when the number being called rings busy is a nice option.

Of course, this could just be me.
    Just hit the big send button twice. That calls the last number you dialed quite instantly.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3.    #3  
    I think that's not really addressing the issue at hand and defeats the concept of "auto-redial when busy" option. It is supposed to take a lot of the manual and repetitive screen tapping out of the equation.

Otherwise, you tap the number to dial, receive the busy signal, tap to end call, tap number to dial, receive busy signal, tap to end call.....rinse and repeat...
    You could just buy tickets for the concert.
    I like the redial idea>
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Now you're just talking crazy
    You guys know they often don't actually count? They just give it to whatever random person they feel like.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    You guys know they often don't actually count? They just give it to whatever random person they feel like.
    Don't be jaded. The Jonas Brothers will give you a chance too.

So...auto-redial....Palm....you listening?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    For the record, the stations I try to win on DO count the callers.. I've been caller 9, 10 AND 11 when I needed to be caller 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelightnin View Post
    Now you're just talking crazy
    Yeah, this Now you KNOW you have to see the Jonas Brothers was the dead giveaway that it was an "in theory" example...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Just hit the big send button twice. That calls the last number you dialed quite instantly.
    This did not work for me.

How do you do a last number redial? I can't believe there is not a one button redial feature.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm sorry but who the ____ are the Jonas Brothers???

@GM...it does work. You have to hit the dial button twice. Once to bring up your last dialled number and one more time to actually dial it try it again
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm sorry but who the ____ are the Jonas Brothers???

@GM...it does work. You have to hit the dial button twice. Once to bring up your last dialled number and one more time to actually dial it try it again
    I hit the phone icon, but it takes me to the dial pad, I don't have the option to hit it again. just to go to voice mail or see all recent calls.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    really that's strange. So at the bottom of your dial pad there is no handset symbol that you can press?
  15. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    1) dial number --- once busy signal is heard 2) press end/red button 3) press send/green button (last number should be displayed) 4) press send/green again -- redial should occur
    really that's strange. So at the bottom of your dial pad there is no handset symbol that you can press?
    i must have inevitably dialed a non number, so i dialed my home number, hung up and hit the icon and it redialed.

But this still isn't what I was looking for, I am looking for a one button redial button. I researched programs and patches and do not see anything.

The phone should be a phone first is what I'm saying.

Thanks again.

lol, I hear what you're saying if it makes you feel any better it was literally 2-3 months before I figured out Preware, WOSQI, etc. I also had forgotten about the HELP tutorials as when I got my phone, I skipped them as I really needed to make a phone call at the time Made for some REALLY frustrating times, but it's all good
    lol, I hear what you're saying if it makes you feel any better it was literally 2-3 months before I figured out Preware, WOSQI, etc. I also had forgotten about the HELP tutorials as when I got my phone, I skipped them as I really needed to make a phone call at the time Made for some REALLY frustrating times, but it's all good
    I know. My teen figured out Preware in 2 hours on Christmas, when mine came later, 2 days later and I hadn't figured it out until I came to this forum and got some much needed help and direction.

I haven't even tried to tether my phone to my netbook. Oh joy. Hopefully, I won't be as lost.

One of my fav pastimes is perusing the recent updates in hopes of finding something good I can use.

Today I downloaded I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency). I don't really know how these files hide from me because one day I don't see it then the next... bam there it is and its not new.