Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    yeah the text going black is just to inform you that it have been send, not for the receiving. Would love to have this feature. Saw it on every phone to that i got. Would be great to have this feature got a friend and she need a lot of time to send something back, and therefore would be very useful.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jean001luc View Post
    In the UK (on O2) you can put a *0# in front of the message to get a delivery receipt.
    Note: The *0# goes in front of the message text itself and not in front of the number
    That's standard for GSM, not specific to O2. Not sure it would work with CDMA.
    I made a feature-proposal for sms delivery confirmation weeks ago via the palm suggestion form.

Maybe you should do the same?

In the messaging-sector, webOS is really WAY behind Nokia, which is top-notch in this sector (besides of having cut timed sms-sending since N95).
    msg-signature-greeting.patch will do a trck if you know string wich returns delivery confirmation. it's in webos patch forum. http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...55#post2377155

Vorking codes:

UK

T Mobile *0#
    O2 *0#
    Orange RCT followed by a space
    Virgin *0#

US
    T-Mobile *noti#

Germany

T-Mobile *T#
    Vodafone D2 *N#
    O2 *N#
    e-plus *N#

Sweden

Telia *KV#
    Comviq KV#
    Telenor ##

Brasil
    Claro *N#

Switzerland
    SWISSCOM *N#

Turkey
    TURKCELL *N#

Poland
    PlusGSM (Polkomtel) XYZ

Croatia
    T-Mobile *r*

Portugal
    Vodafone *NOT#

Hungary
    T-Mobile *A#

India
    Voodafone *NOT#

Qatar
    Qtel *N#

Belgium
    Proximus *R*
    Base *N#

Greece
    Vodafone *#
    Wind *0#

Serbia
    MTS *!#
    Telenor *!#

Romania
    Orange *NM#

Israel
    Orange *NM#
    Last edited by chalx; 04/12/2010 at 02:00 PM.
    I had that opt for my bb and dash..but it was annoying
    HI there

I've only had my Palm Pre a couple of weeks but the first thing I noticed was the lack of sms delivery reports. Whether people like this feature or not, it is a standard capability with GSM. I've always used it as it gives me the assurance that at least I know the other end has received the text (i.e phone is not off or out of coverage).

I've found no way of enabling this. Thanks to chalx for all the prefix codes. Sadly I'm on Vodafone UK and that doesn't seem to be listed.

Has anyone actually got this working yet on the pre? I would be really interested if there was a good fix for this problem

Richard
    I am in the US and I have only ever seen this on my old Nextel phones and if I remember correctly, it would only work if I txt another Nextel.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbrown45 View Post
    HI there

I've only had my Palm Pre a couple of weeks but the first thing I noticed was the lack of sms delivery reports. Whether people like this feature or not, it is a standard capability with GSM. I've always used it as it gives me the assurance that at least I know the other end has received the text (i.e phone is not off or out of coverage).

I've found no way of enabling this. Thanks to chalx for all the prefix codes. Sadly I'm on Vodafone UK and that doesn't seem to be listed.

Has anyone actually got this working yet on the pre? I would be really interested if there was a good fix for this problem

Richard
    Although I'm not trying to say you don't have an need for such feature, I do want to point out that if a message fails to send on your end that you are presented with a yellow triangle next to the message and it will be a faded color. Tapping on the triangle will present you with the error message and give you the option to resend the message.

This should offset any out of coverage issues...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This should offset any out of coverage issues...
    But how would you know if the person who is receiving the message is having coverage issues or their phone is off?

It's not a feature I used a lot on my "dumb phone", but it was nice to have.
    Personally, I can't think of reason to be that concerned about whether or not someone receives a text.

If you have to communicate something that is that important, then use other means of communication.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    sms confirmation would be awesome if done right. A notification alert after every text would be a pain and only be good for some, but a discrete visual would be perfect. Currently, there is a patch for time stamps. Well, the time stamp is on one side in the top corner in small print. When the message is received, another stamp could appear on the opposite side which says received at x:xx. This way you also know the time they received it. If your in the app that's your notification. If not a simple quite notification at the buttom would say xxxxx got sms at xx:x.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    sms confirmation would be awesome if done right. A notification alert after every text would be a pain and only be good for some, but a discrete visual would be perfect. Currently, there is a patch for time stamps. Well, the time stamp is on one side in the top corner in small print. When the message is received, another stamp could appear on the opposite side which says received at x:xx. This way you also know the time they received it. If your in the app that's your notification. If not a simple quite notification at the buttom would say xxxxx got sms at xx:x.
    That would certainly meet my needs if it was implemented
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12