1.    #1  
    Hi and thanks for developing these sweet apps!! Esp the virtual keyboard i cant get! have followed all your instructions and troubleshooting, java is not installed properly...have uninstalled etc but nothing fixes this..done the run cmd and its not a known etc.....followed the threads for quickinstall and help but no good then saw the EU stuff in forums. i downloaded webosdoctor for O2 uk and it installed fine..but quickinstall wont....running xp sp3, java just wont open the jar file, on the icon it says "java archive zip genius file" but i use winrar, uninstalled zipgenius and winrar is not selected. shows as a java icon but when i double click a black window opens and shuts in a split second. maybe i'm just lost in all these technical details and am missing something, any help would be greatly appreciated! many thanks and fingers crossed...
    hi, quite a lot of the patches dont work on the UK/Europe versions, there is a thread detailing which patches work, i'll try and find it

here you go:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...at-doesnt.html
    This is it.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the replies guys!! much appreciated, i see that the virtual keyboard is NOT working on EU devices, by that list anyway.....anyway i cant even get preware installed, because i cant get webosquickinstall to run on my comp....guess i'll have to wait untill an official release, unless anyone else can fix it for me....java is a massive pain, and confusing since it works with the webos doctor but not the quick install...grrr thanks again amigos!!
    Hi
    I was having problems installing quick instal xp. Got it working by letting quick instal download the sprint version of web os doctor. Hope this helps.
  6. npw
    Me too, the sprint version works fine for the purposes of using webOS doctor. Actually, I have flashed the 1.2.1 sprint update and it works absolutely fine. the only annoyance is that most of the app catalog is not present, but the best apps are on preware anyway so no great loss.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for that guys...my problem is i cant even get webosquickinstall to run, let alone download anything, gonna have to try friends comps and see if i get lucky lol cheers tho!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebunk View Post
    thanks for that guys...my problem is i cant even get webosquickinstall to run, let alone download anything, gonna have to try friends comps and see if i get lucky lol cheers tho!!
    have you got java1.6 thats all it needs afaikafaikafaik
  9.    #9  
    yes i do, as mentioned in my first post (maybe unclearly) i have followed all the install guide, help, troubleshooting etc but java (is installed) wont run the webosquickinstall.jar.......it does run the webosdoctor tho...confusing....i need a mac to try thanks for the comments tho..if a mod happens on this and can help..........
    Quote Originally Posted by thebunk View Post
    shows as a java icon but when i double click a black window opens and shuts in a split second.
    You can try it with a wooden hammer: Open a DOS-Box (Start, Run..., type in cmd) and enter

Code:
    java -jar c:\webosquickinstall.jar
    Requires the .jar to reside in c:\, obviously.

If this breaks, your Java environment seems somewhat wrong. Consider a clean reinstall maybe.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by npw View Post
    Me too, the sprint version works fine for the purposes of using webOS doctor. Actually, I have flashed the 1.2.1 sprint update and it works absolutely fine. the only annoyance is that most of the app catalog is not present, but the best apps are on preware anyway so no great loss.
    Really!? does the webOS version show as 1.2.1 in the device info app? Good bravery!
  12. npw
    It does show webOS 1.2.1 in Device info, configuration is Sprint 1.9
  13.    #13  
    HUX thank you dude!! that worked..cant access much of preware but its all installed and i'm close to happy..just need more updates from palm...thanks again!!
    i have downloaded qiuck install. it opens to a dark black screen for 5 seconds and then shuts down help
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dial Tone View Post
    i have downloaded qiuck install. it opens to a dark black screen for 5 seconds and then shuts down help

Sounds like a problem with your pc. Try uninstalling java, reinstalling and then deleting your webos quick install files and the webdoctor and redownloading them.

What OS are you using by the way?