1.    #1  
    I was wondering if i could use wifi on my pre in other countries. An example would be if i traveled to England with my Pre. Even though i couldn't use my phone or data internet, could i use my Wifi on my pre in an area that has wifi connection over there?
    Your WiFi should still work - I just got back from Alaska and Canada, and WiFi wasn't a problem. It was just the EVDO that was the problem.

I had International Roaming and Worldwide Internet, but you should still check with Sprint to see what they say.
    When I went to Singapore, wifi worked just fine but there was NO signal out there when it came to using the cell connection. I now use a Tour with the 40/month Blackberry Worldwide package from Sprint(unlimited data anywhere in the world), and that suited me just fine, since I can use Google Voice to make calls and send texts back to the US!
    I just got back from Vancouver and was able to use the wifi in the hotel and data roaming via cellular signal without problems; however, there is a large charge for the data roaming.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Of course, that works if you are in a country with CDMA, assuming we are talking the Pre. I am in Dubai right now and there is no CDMA so I don't have to worry about roaming charges - I cannot connect no matter what.

Wi-Fi still works fine if you can find and connect to it. Not so easy in Dubai.

beret9987 - not to hijack the thread, I didn't think GV on the pre supported VOIP. How does this work?
    Yes Wifi does work, I was in Mexico last month with Data roaming OFF ,and was getting all of my exchange email ,as well checking the web ,also I was able to test the google map app ,and the google map thru the GPS gave me the exact location I was in .
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i used the wifi on my pre when i was in europe a couple of months ago. worked beautifully. i put the pre in airplane mode, so that it wouldn't search for a cell signal, then turned on wifi.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    wifi can be used everywhere if there is provided.
    it has nothing to do with the GPRS or 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Of course, that works if you are in a country with CDMA, assuming we are talking the Pre. I am in Dubai right now and there is no CDMA so I don't have to worry about roaming charges - I cannot connect no matter what.

Wi-Fi still works fine if you can find and connect to it. Not so easy in Dubai.

beret9987 - not to hijack the thread, I didn't think GV on the pre supported VOIP. How does this work?
    There's a dial through web option on GDial pro!