1.    #1  
    I cracked my screen and now the touchscreen is unresponsive. I have memos I really, really need. Is there anyway I can hook this to my PC and pull any info?

I already went to the Sprint store and get my replacement Monday.

Thanks.
    You could access to linux kernal, install SSH, and retrieve everything. I'm pretty sure that when I set this up, no interaction was needed on the Pre.

I set this up, and my Pre get's backed up every night via SSH.

Sam

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals
    Sammy - I have the same issue (touch screen became unresponsive, and I need to retrieve family photos before turning in my old pre). I am not a programmer and not at all familiar with any programming language, although am fairly comfortable using a computer and learning.

Is there any way you can walk me through what to do in very simple layman's terms?

Thanks in advance. I was following another thread and asked for help and did not get a response from another user who was having the same issue. I have been to the sprint store here in Pittsburgh and they werent able to help beyond telling me to find "someone who knows linux and can hack in", or "check precentral.net" Palm tech support was also not helpful at all "there is no solution" is what they told me.

The pictures I need to retrieve are very special family pics from our summer vacation, so you can understand why I would like to get the pics.
    how do so many ppl crack their screen? dropping it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    how do so many ppl crack their screen? dropping it?
    I cracked mine once just having it in my pocket and leaning against something lightly. It spider-webbed from the center button across the whole screen.

It doesn't take much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyc53 View Post
    I cracked mine once just having it in my pocket and leaning against something lightly. It spider-webbed from the center button across the whole screen.

It doesn't take much.
    I personally think that all the newer phones are way too fragile. I am a big guy, that works construction with big hands. A 700 Treo is about as small and thin as I want a phone. My Treo Pro is actually too small for me.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

For those that need to get info off their screen, start with this: I reread the instructions on how to gain access to the Pre. It seems like you have be able to enabled DEV mode on the device first, be for you can set up the Pre for remote file transfer.

"Now we work on your Pre, we need to put your device into developer mode. In card view (either no cards open or where you can see multiple cards at once), start typing “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart” exactly as shown in quotes (no spaces and no quotes). Your developer mode enabler will slide up into view. Tap on the icon and you will see you can enable developer mode now (this lets your put programs on). You will be prompted to restart the Pre. That's ok to do, but go grab yourself a soda or something, the Pre isn't known for quick reboots."

http://www.precentral.net/konami-cod...er-mode-really

You might be able to do this with just the Keyboard functional. If you can, then we can move forward; if not, I think you are out of luck.

Sam

Now,
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I personally think that all the newer phones are way too fragile. I am a big guy, that works construction with big hands. A 700 Treo is about as small and thin as I want a phone. My Treo Pro is actually too small for me.
    Agreed! I actually couldn't get a good 'grip' on the Pro. I was actually glad to see the Pre a little thicker, but almost wish it was wider/taller too. (And more sturdy of course).