Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I posted a general complaint a few days ago that my palm pre warmed up considerably on the lower back side for some reason. I think I've found the problem...

The Pre seems to heat up after visiting the application catalog. I'm running 1.2.1 (the newest OS), don't have any homebrew stuff installed, and have had no other problems with my phone. The heat issues persist even after i exit the app catalog program. The only way to solve the issue is to take out the battery and put it back in.

Any advice or suggestions on why this may be happening?
    It's normal. Not the app catalog. The catalog is using the radio, which is what's causing the battery to heat up. Just get used to it.
    Not a worry, the heat is from the phone radio (GSM/CDMA). It heats up during heavy use ie: Data transfers/low signal).
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's specific to the app catalog. I do not run into the same problem while I am constantly browsing the web, streaming a youtube video, listening to pandora, etc. In addition, even if the phone slightly heats up during those uses, it cools down as soon as I quit the application. Perhaps the app catalog isn't quitting properly?