1.    #1  
    We were discussing the issue of advertising in the UK and general Pre awareness of the target market previously so I thought a thread to track things might be in order now that the Pre has launched. I know that some have seen advertising prior to launch but I had seen nothing. Until now that is. I'm sitting here tragically watching The X Factor on ITV and there was a Pre advert during the first break. Palm and O2 have went from nothing to advertising during the biggest show on TV tonight. Hopefully this continues in order to further raise awareness and sales in the lead up to the holiday period.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    The first time I saw the advert (yes, it was the same as the one you saw - I was forced to watch X-Factor!) was during the break before the England WC qualifying last Weds = two days before launch. So I've only seen it twice myself.

The advert itself, is very poor. It doesn't do a great deal to show off the Pre's capabilities or attract the attention of current iPhone lovers. It is just littered with marketing blurb.
    I've seen the TV ad twice now - can't remember what programmes I was watching at the time - as well as a full page ad in the Metro last Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    The first time I saw the advert (yes, it was the same as the one you saw - I was forced to watch X-Factor!) was during the break before the England WC qualifying last Weds = two days before launch. So I've only seen it twice myself.

The advert itself, is very poor. It doesn't do a great deal to show off the Pre's capabilities or attract the attention of current iPhone lovers. It is just littered with marketing blurb.
    It may not be great but its a good start