1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I recently (2 weeks ago) replaced my pre due to an issue. I did not have the best battery and I had a bunch of homebrews installed. When I got my refurb 2 weeks ago I had really really good battery life until I finally got around to installing my homebrews back on 3 or 4 days ago. Since then My battery has just been bad. I can hardly get through the day. So my question is can homebrews be causing my battery issue?
    It's possible. As we've found in other threads where folks had the "too many cards open" issue, there are some homebrew apps that don't properly clean-up after themselves causing a memory leak. I think it only makes sense that it could drain the battery a little faster.
    Yes, they definitely can cause extra drain. I had one app that was giving me problems until the developer tweaked it. Works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportg21 View Post
    Hi,
    I recently (2 weeks ago) replaced my pre due to an issue. I did not have the best battery and I had a bunch of homebrews installed. When I got my refurb 2 weeks ago I had really really good battery life until I finally got around to installing my homebrews back on 3 or 4 days ago. Since then My battery has just been bad. I can hardly get through the day. So my question is can homebrews be causing my battery issue?
    Me too! I just got my refurbished phone about 5 days ago and it seemed just as bad as my older Pre. Until I installed some patches. Now it's just horrible! I'm talking around 4-5 hrs with NO use at all! The real problem is that I've now lost faith in Palm and feel like getting another replacement with only be a waste of time. Ill try uninstalling some patches and see if that has any effect.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    A good thing to keep in mind is that homebrew and patches are not official and as such come with a little risk.

Memory leaks create battery issues. A lot of the time, programs that are created to use certain aspects of the OS do not always shutdown completely. This leaves processes running, which kills your battery life.

Shutting down your phone will kill running processes. So if you feel like you are having less than stellar battery life while using homebrew, shutting down two or three times a day should help.
    if you have the battery % patch installed, this is definitely causing battery drain problems for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportg21 View Post
    Hi,
    i would suggest running the recovery patch then reinstall one patch per day until you find what is causing the memory leak and post it so others know what going on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    if you have the battery % patch installed, this is definitely causing battery drain problems for some people.
    I actually haven't had a problem with that patch as of yet. Is this a reported problem?