Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i called sprint and I think the lady said with my insurance, if I go to a Sprint retailer they'll order it for me...to have it in a day or so...

is this true? should I take the trip or is it a waste of time...

I dropped the shnit and the screen cracked, now the touch won't recognize anything....cant even take calls or reply to any messages...lol
    You have to pay a deductible.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    You have to pay a deductible.
    Yup. And that may be an important detail. I believe the deductible is $50 for damage and $100 for water damage or theft. I could be mistaken on the amounts however, as I've never needed to use the insurance.
    no its 50 dollars for regular non pda phone and 100 for pda or smart phones. This is how false info goes around posioning minds lol.

and lets not forget it could be a refurb phone. Which is not bad at all, but some people hate them for some odd reason
    there's a well known defect in palm pre phones where the touch screen will crack (not the outer glass) with no incident to spark the result. Bring up that defect and they may do it free.
    Quote Originally Posted by silico3 View Post
    there's a well known defect in palm pre phones where the touch screen will crack (not the outer glass) with no incident to spark the result. Bring up that defect and they may do it free.
    He damaged the phone by dropping it, he knows that as do you. Take some responsibility, pay the deductible and get a new phone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scott091981 View Post
    He damaged the phone by dropping it, he knows that as do you. Take some responsibility, pay the deductible and get a new phone.
    +1, thank you
    yes its $100 deductable
    SCK Manager
    if u go through asurion 9 out of 10 times it will be new in box.. replacement,

and u can charge the 100 to your account..

Ive used it 4 times in the past 1.5 years all replacements were brand new.. honestly cant remember the last time i went into a sprint store. I pay bill online and order upgrades online...and get my phones from craigslist..
    +1 Spiritcrusher...I used Asurion once for my Diamond and I was expecting a refurb but got a beautiful New In Box device Yea $100 bucks might stink, but fr a brand new phone it's a steal IMO.

Also avoid stores LOL, call the CS line and deal with them or do it online, the stores never seem to be nice to me.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    They should give you a free replacement, or possibly repair the screen. I've done worse to my Centro & they've always fixed/exchanged for free.
    100 buckaroos
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Cracked screens are always physical damage and have a deductible. The Pre is an exception to the rule and technicians have been trained about the cracking issue and how to identify that separate from a crack caused by dropping it. It is a $100 deductible, and the replacement has to be ordered through Asurion. You can do so online at Welcome Sprint Customers or by calling 1-800-584-3666.

You can try taking it into the store, but the most they will be able to do if you damaged it is file the claim for you online. So you might as well save the step and time.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I had to do this today for my Pre. It's $100.00 deductible and I'll have my new phone by Tues. I also bought the Body Glove case from here at the Pre Central store for the new one maybe that will help me hang onto it instead of dropping it in a lake off of a dock. Would you believe I was 5 or 6 ft. from the edge. The phone bounced 4 or 5 times,,right off the end of the dock. Talk about P.O.'ed. I was taking pictures and reviewing them.
    Last week I dropped my Pre and the screen cracked and stopped working. They overnighted my new (not refurb) Pre to me. I had to pay the $100 deductible. I think it is very much worth it.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre1561 View Post
    I had to do this today for my Pre. It's $100.00 deductible and I'll have my new phone by Tues. I also bought the Body Glove case from here at the Pre Central store for the new one maybe that will help me hang onto it instead of dropping it in a lake off of a dock. Would you believe I was 5 or 6 ft. from the edge. The phone bounced 4 or 5 times,,right off the end of the dock. Talk about P.O.'ed. I was taking pictures and reviewing them.
    I really like the secure feel of the Body Glove. I uploaded some pictures on a different thread under accessories if you haven't seen it. You lose the Touchstone unless you leave the back off but it's now a faster charge and its slider now has a much better feel to it. I think the looks improved myself. Everyone likes things different though...

G..
    Quote Originally Posted by silico3 View Post
    That is what happened to me. Couldn't feel the crack from the top, it was a fine line inside. Took a call to Palm and then to Sprint -- visiting a Sprint store with a technician was useless -- finally got Palm to admit it was a defect, but they wouldn't do a thing about it, but finally spoke to Sprint who replaced it. No cost, but refurbed. Although I've had no problem with it at all -- and I've had refurbed Sprint phones many times over the last 10 years -- with no issues.
  18.    #18  
    thanks every1, called Sprint & payed 100 bucks, I should get it by tues (correction, not wed, but tomorrow...wooop!!)
    Last edited by KingRican; 10/19/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    this magic crack without dropping happened to first gen zunes to. Was always blamed on swelling battery.. Far as paying goes its hit and miss.. I droped a mogul took it in and they claimed mfr. Defect and new one free
  20.    #20  
    yeah, my screen was cracked so I was unable to pull a mfr defect, specially since the creack is a little spider web that leads to a snake....so you can tell it hit something that caused it...

though FYI PEOPLE....there was an article I found that somehow some screens were cracking with no dropping of the phone, that was mfr but they will only replace your phone if and only if there are no scuffs on the front part of the phone....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast