Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the other day my pre seemed to stay at 100% for half the day, i was stoked!
    today i was messing with it, when i last looked it was at 35%, next thing i know BBRRRIINNNGGG! battery at 0%?!!
    i have installed multiple homebrew applications, various patches and a theme. not sure if one of those are causing this or even if this was just a fluke.
    has anyone experienced this? was the culprit identified?
    thanks in advance...
    ...peace

-toof

(apologies if already posted)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    May I suggest you run a forums search with the terms battery leak. You'll come across some suspected culprits. That being said, I named my own suspected culprit in one of these threads and have since decided I was probably wrong.
    Do a reset.
    Have you run full cycles from 100% to auto power off to calibrate the battery meter? When I first got my 2600 extended battery first charge powered off at about 30% but after that when it auto powered off decreased over the next few charges. However what has me confused is staying at 100% so long. It may be possible this is deeper than a calibration thing and may be faulty battery or hardware in the device itself. If this is happening more than this one time I'd take it to a repair center to have them look at it after describing to them in detail what is going on.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    This happens every so often on my Pre where I get the Low Battery Warning and after I acknowledge the message the battery meter shows up at 0% but after waiting a few seconds it shows the real battery power meter (usually above 90% as I like to keep my Pre fully charged whenever possible). This has happened when my charge was at or near 100% and have no idea what could be causing it.