1.    #1  
    First off, I apologize if this question has been answered already. The good thing about this site is that it has a lot of users. The downside to this site is it has a lot of users. I just don't have time to look through hundreds of pages trying to find an answer.

That said, I see from some of the screenshots that it's possible to replace the default icons on the main screen. How would I go about changing say, the contacts icon to the web icon?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Alan
    PreCentral has downloadable themes that modify certain aesthetic aspects of your phone, the launcher icons among them.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but if you wanna set your own icons I'd think it requires rooting your phone.

EDIT: Haha never mind, misread your question. Glad you were able to get your answer.
    Last edited by jasetroncs; 10/17/2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Open "Launcher", On the launcher bar, hold your finger on the icon you want to remove from the bar until you see "ripples" appear. Then simply glide the icon onto the launcher page where you are. To install an icon on the bar do the same you just did, with the icon you want from the launcher page where it sits.
  4.    #4  
    Awesome, thanks! I figured it was something simple, just couldn't put my finger on it (no pun intended)
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    "I just don't have time to look through hundreds of pages trying to find an answer."

the Search feature does this for you in a fraction of a second.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by abid786 View Post
    "I just don't have time to look through hundreds of pages trying to find an answer."

the Search feature does this for you in a fraction of a second.
    Thanks abid, I thought about that. But I'm not up on all the Pre lingo, so I wasn't sure what the bar at the bottom was called. It's hard to search for something when you aren't exactly sure what it is you're asking about...
  7. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I'm not one to whine abour using the search feature or reading the manual... So what I'm about to say is not intended with an attitude but rather purely informational...

The little quick-start guide that came in the box has this sort of info.

xtn
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I'm not one to whine abour using the search feature or reading the manual... So what I'm about to say is not intended with an attitude but rather purely informational...

The little quick-start guide that came in the box has this sort of info.

xtn
    xtn, too funny!

My response is that I'm a guy who hardly ever reads the included manuals for anything. The Pre is just so easy out of the box (and, let's be honest, the documentation is a bit lacking) that I didn't even think to look there first.

I really do appreciate the responses. I figured if anyone would know, it would be the PreCentral community. I'm still learning the themes, tweaks, homebrew apps and the like. I'm just araid I'm going to brick my phone one of these days. Oh well, such is the life of a Pre owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mntoolboy View Post
    My response is that I'm a guy who hardly ever reads the included manuals for anything.
    Well, maybe if you started, then you might find things a little easier?

Here is a full User Guide for the Pre.