1.    #1  
    Anyone know why I wouldnt be able to remove filemgr? Preware is having trouble removing it. See the attached screen shot of the log from preware. Not sure what's going on.

Can I just delete the ipk while its connected as USB?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm taking a wild guess that Preware can't uninstall FileMgr; QI may be the only way to uninstall it. If I remember correctly, you can't install FileMgr using Preware.

Second wild guess: Internalz requires FileMgr to run. If you have yet to uninstall Internalz, FileMgr may resist uninstall. I don't like this guess much. In fact, I suspect it's completely wrong. I'm voting for my first guess.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 10/17/2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Clarify preposition
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I'm taking a wild guess that Preware can't uninstall FileMgr; QI may be the only way to uninstall it. If I remember correctly, you can't install FileMgr using Preware.

Second wild guess: Internalz requires FileMgr to run. If you have yet to uninstall Internalz, FileMgr may resist uninstall. I don't like this guess much. In fact, I suspect it's completely wrong. I'm voting for my first guess.
    Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, still no dice. I deleted the app with QI then re-installed it. The app NEVER SHOWS UP on my Pre but somehow Preware, QI, etc. knows its there. All I want to be able to do is launch this app and cant get it to even show up. What gives?

Here are some screen shots of me trying to delete it with Preware. I used QI as well. How is this app hidden or locked?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going with Cas Esq's second guess... since that's exactly what I had to do.

I had this same problem. Uninstalled Internalz using Preware, THEN REBOOTED. I had to reboot AFTER uninstalling Internalz.

After the reboot, removed FileMgr with Preware, no probs.
  5.    #5  
    Tried removing it with QI, rebooting, re-installing. Still wont open.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey269 View Post
    Tried removing it with QI, rebooting, re-installing. Still wont open.

Any ideas?
    If you're looking to delete folders/files on your Pre, Internalz is the file manager; FileMgr Service serves Internalz. After you download FileMgr, download Internalz, and open Internalz.

Does that help at all? Or have I misunderstood your issue (again)?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    If you're looking to delete folders/files on your Pre, Internalz is the file manager; FileMgr Service serves Internalz. After you download FileMgr, download Internalz, and open Internalz.

Does that help at all? Or have I misunderstood your issue (again)?
    My ultimate goal is to have Internalz working properly with FileMgr. However, FileMgr wont load correctly, hence my reason for wanting to remove and re-install it. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm lost. When you installed FileMgr and Internalz the first time, you opened Internalz and ... what happened? Did Internalz fail to work causing you to attempt to uninstall FileMgr? I realize that was way back when, but I'm trying to understand the sequence in the hope that it will provide a clue into what's happening.

I'm not doing a good job understanding some of your posts. FileMgr Service doesn't need to show up on your Pre; you don't need to run it. Even though it's hidden, Internalz should have found it. I don't understand why it didn't. I'm confused and at the end of my meager knowledge. I only have one idea left: run the Repair Utility and see if it detects left over FileMgr Service files that must be deleted before you can reinstall.

Good luck.