1.    #1  
    I have searched the forums but have not found a concrete answer. Unfortunately I don't have a home computer at this time so using one to put homebrew apps on my phone is not an option. So does anyone know how I can without a comp? I'm trying to get a theme from here but don't know what I can do. The Left 4 dead Theme and sounds. Thanks in advance!
    The short answer is that you can't.

By default, there is no user available terminal app on the Pre, and no way to boot into a lower runlevel where you 'might' be able to get started. You're only real option is to find access to a desktop computer long enough to install Preware. Once that's done, you'll have access to 99% of the available homebrew software and themes, either through Preware directly, or through the terminal program that you can use Preware to install.
  3.    #3  
    Damn. This is a really dumb prob everytime something I like comes out can't do jack about it. Times like this I miss my 755p for real!
    There has been talk of palm creating a way for open source developers to allow the installation of software packages directly from web pages.

When/if that happens, you'll probably be able to install Preware that way, and never have to plug your Pre in at all.

In the mean time, I'm sure you must have at least one friend of family member with a computer that would let you use it for 20 minutes to get Preware installed.
  5.    #5  
    I do but won't let me trust me I've tried lol!
    lol why wont they trust you?? lol sorry just wondering
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->