Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When i put my pre on the ts i move it a litte bit, till the magnetic pressure is so high that i even cant move the pre. So i know the pre is on the right possition.

Till now i did not have any Problem with charging.
    I guess placement on the dock could certainly have an impact on this but I very carefully set it on there, based on the diagram instructions where it shows the area of your phone to attach, and the phone connects magnetically and it chirps and says it's charging. There's no indication that it isn't on there right or not charging properly (no beeps or anything) so I don't know, but it seems to me the charger itself is faulty, the way it knocks out my phone. I think it charges it but then it puts my phone into deep sleep or it sucks the power from the battery rendering it dead. Weird...
    Its a known issue. It affects all Touchstones sooner or later.
    It can be avoided by charging it and removing it promptly from the charger.
    Replacement of the touchstone is typically recommended but realistically it will fail again.
    As for the dead phone. Put it back on the touchstone and let it charge. Remove at 100% and let it run dead. Recharge and remove at 100% and phone will hold a decent charge.
    The TS seems to bork the battery level circuitry setting when it can no longer stop charging. next thing the phone battery is dead.

This will happen to ALL TS`s and it typically happens outside of the warranty. If you do decide to charge the usb cable route, expect the usb side of the phone cover to crack and then work over the screen area.
    Have a great day.

PS: Known issue doesn't in any way mean that you will be covered for it.
    Right. So it sounds like the problem comes when the phone becomes fully charged but then remains on the dock for hours after. I'll keep that in mind. But just so you know, when my phone was dead I placed it back on the dock and left it there for about 30 minutes but the phone never woke up and said it was charging. It was still dead and gave no indication the battery was charging. I finally had to remove my battery and resinstall it before the phone finally woke up and then it showed the battery was half charged. ??
    well 8 months and no usb crack,,no problems w ts,,i use the sprint pre gerneric palm charger w my ts and it works perfectly. I keep on ts whenever I am not using it,so it is always fully charged,,again,never any issues.
    Make sure the top half of the Pre is on the touchstone. Most people try to line it up where the phone is centered on the touchstone, which one would think is normal, when actually slightly off center towards the top is correct.
    This is part of the fix list for 1.4.1:

Touchstone charging dock
    When the phone is on a Touchstone charging dock, the screen now consistently turns off correctly (displaying the lock icon and the time) after the shut-off interval.

It could be a s/w issue...I'd bet it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by davenportbuzz View Post
    Right. So it sounds like the problem comes when the phone becomes fully charged but then remains on the dock for hours after. I'll keep that in mind. But just so you know, when my phone was dead I placed it back on the dock and left it there for about 30 minutes but the phone never woke up and said it was charging. It was still dead and gave no indication the battery was charging. I finally had to remove my battery and resinstall it before the phone finally woke up and then it showed the battery was half charged. ??
    I did the same thing Davenportbuzz (had to pull battery first time around). The TS just likes to freak out and it does seem to be more of a software issue rather than a hardware one (i.e. after updates).

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    well 8 months and no usb crack,,no problems w ts,,i use the sprint pre gerneric palm charger w my ts and it works perfectly. I keep on ts whenever I am not using it,so it is always fully charged,,again,never any issues.
    Zmann, enjoy your 'error' free touchstone while you can. With any luck you will be dumping the Pre before you run into a problem.
    take off your touchstone cover.. pull up on the 2 gold connectors on the phone so they are at like a 45 degree angle. put the cover back on. you should be good to go.
    Sounds more like your USB wire is jacked. The magnet charging technology is so simple it's hard to imagine it breaking.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12