1.    #1  
    I am going to guess this is head phone jack related. I only get music app and pandora sound through the headphones. I can hear card swipe sound and ring / text sound through external speaker. I did notice that if I have the music app open I do not get the card swipe swoosh sound. It does after I close the music app. Soft reset nd battery removal did not help.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    I am going to guess this is head phone jack related. I only get music app and pandora sound through the headphones. I can hear card swipe sound and ring / text sound through external speaker. I did notice that if I have the music app open I do not get the card swipe swoosh sound. It does after I close the music app. Soft reset nd battery removal did not help.
    Open up your phone app and call voicemail. If the icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen shows headphones, then you have the headphone issue that many of us seem to be having. If it shows a picture of a phone, then you have some other type of issue.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of this happening. I hate to set up a new phone from scratch, but I think I'm going to have to get the phone replaced next week.