1.    #1  
    on my phone it works fine. but on my brothers phone he does not get the symbols such as ev for evdo network or 1x for 1x network or r for roaming before his 5 bars....is there a way to shut that off? why is that happening..its a little annoying when trying to test the roam only toggle.
    IF U TURN THAT OFF HOW U GOING TO USE INTERNET ??? THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN THAT OFF ,BUT THERE IS A WAY TO KEEP IN ONLY ONE OF THEM.
    IN YOUR DIAL PAD MARK ##3836#
    1xRTT is slow data, voice.
    EVDO ONLY modes = DATA only. The voice radio (1x) is off. All inbound calls, txts, etc go to voicemail.
    Hybrid modes, allow both voice and data inbound and outbound, with inbound/outbound voice stopping the data channel radio.

Rev 0 is for compatibility with Sprint's older towers that haven't had the Rev A upgrade.

Feel free to test each one of these out using the scenario I posted with data stream active, inbound, outbound and inbound SMS.

1X will get you the absolute best Battery, but slow data.
    Hybrid gives you the "best" of voice/fast data, but will eat battery faster since you're maintaining both radios.
    there an app or patch for that

there is a patch to add a data off button or phone off button
    if you get the quick data tasks homebrew app you have data , wifi , gps, or plane mode ,all at your finger tips to turn off or on
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Make sure he is on the sprint network. Tap phone icon, than sprint preferences, where is says network make sure its sprint and not anything. if its anything change it to sprint and turn on data usage. Should get ev and the bars than