Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Once in a while, my Palm Pre says I have too many cards open and to close them when none actually are. I can't open anything except for dial and message apps when this happens and the only way for me to fix it is to restart my phone (at least I can fix it). Today was the second time it happened to me so I know it will be back in a while (the first time was around a month or two ago). Does anyone else have this problem and how can permanently fix it?
    idk how to fix it, just something going on with memory leaks.
    There's nothing you can do to fix it, as cote1287 said it's memory leaks in applications. I've found that it's a good idea to reboot my phone once a week or so (when it's convenient), or if it ever feels a bit slow or laggy (and indication that it may be struggling with memory).

Having said that ... it seems it me that this is much better with 1.2.1. I can go a lot longer without thinking about a reboot. So I'm thinking (hoping?) that Palm has fixed some of this and will continue to improve on it.
    Same here. I also have the same problem and try to avoid it by restarting my phone once a week.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Install Luna Manager, and restart and/or refresh luna when that happens
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    My boyfriend just picked up the Hero and that phone has a problem with not closing down all the apps, so much that a task manager is needed. Is it possible that some sort of task manager for the Pre might help?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    the card manager *is* a task manager. It's just a memory leak. Palm will eventually fix it. (I'm pretty sure it's related to their browser code)
    -m
    I have the Pre for 4 months now and for the first time I got the "too many cards open" error when in fact I had none open so, I reset the phone and it took care of it

LOVE MY PREEEEEE NO MATTER WHAT !!!!!