Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 124
  1. HakanO's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdp View Post
    I got VERY good news for you people out there!

    I have just got 3 Denmark to work on my Pre!! And am so happy..
    3 Denmark did not have any entry in the DB so could not just update the entry.

    What i did was:
    I took the 3 UK settings in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3.
    Changed the Name short and long to 3 DK. The APN settings and mms setting where changed to the Danish settings for 3.

    Now mms and data works!

    The interesting thing is that i did the same with another carrier and that did not work! So APNID or antoher ID must be used the get some other settings for the network..

    But 3 uk -> 3 DK = Succes :-)
    Hi,

    Great!

    I got my German Pre this weekend. They helped me with activation in the store in Flensburg. Very helpful!

    Can you please send me/post the actual corrected database file, I am stuck and not getting the 3G connected.

    Many thanks in advance.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,

    I just got my German Pre in the weekend.
    Any luck yet with getting 3G working on Telia Sweden?
    If so, can you please send me the working carrier settings, preferably the new updated database file?

    Many thanks in advance.
    I have enclosed the database file I am using, but only 2G and MMS and no 3G on Telia Sweden yet. I did one interesting find today, though. I put my Telia SIM (without the Rebel) in my son's SE W595 and even though it showed better reception than the Pre, there was only the Edge symbol showing on that phone as well. He's on Tele2 and gets 3G at my house with that SIM, but haven't tried it in my phone as don't want to punch a hole in his.

    Could it be a faulty SIM-card, although 3G is clearly printed on it? Or wouldn't Edge be working then either?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3. kresom's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #63  
    I just tested my new O2 German Pre with two Croatian SIM cards/carriers. First one, T-mobile HR works fine (activation, data, voice) while second carrier HR VIP (local Vodafone partner) doesn't support data.

    I checked carrierNetworkSettings database and neither of those carriers are listed
    I remember from my earlier testing with other phones that T-mobile SIM contains APN settings (brand new telephone would know those setting without manual entry). Most likely, that explains why T-mobile works, VIP doesn't while both are not listed in DB.

    Now, I need to manually edit database (thanks to you good people), but it's 4AM and I need to get some sleep.

    Kreso
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,

    Great!

    I got my German Pre this weekend. They helped me with activation in the store in Flensburg. Very helpful!

    Can you please send me/post the actual corrected database file, I am stuck and not getting the 3G connected.

    Many thanks in advance.
    I wrote hotdp a pm a while ago for the same information and haven't got an answer yet. I reckon it ain't that hard to change the file but without a Pre in my hand I have no idea what to do.

    btw. how do u get around with is it easy or ?
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoqv View Post
    I have enclosed the database file I am using, but only 2G and MMS and no 3G on Telia Sweden yet. I did one interesting find today, though. I put my Telia SIM (without the Rebel) in my son's SE W595 and even though it showed better reception than the Pre, there was only the Edge symbol showing on that phone as well. He's on Tele2 and gets 3G at my house with that SIM, but haven't tried it in my phone as don't want to punch a hole in his.

    Could it be a faulty SIM-card, although 3G is clearly printed on it? Or wouldn't Edge be working then either?
    Turned out that my SIM card wasn't working properly. I exchanged it, and now 3G works.
  6. Behi's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,

    Great!

    I got my German Pre this weekend. They helped me with activation in the store in Flensburg. Very helpful!

    Can you please send me/post the actual corrected database file, I am stuck and not getting the 3G connected.

    Many thanks in advance.
    I got a german pre too, and I changed the apn-settings as hotdp told us. But I only got 3 3, not 3 3G, it is really odd. I have`t figured out jet, but please let me know if you do. Forget about hotdp, he dont answer.
  7. #67  
    T-mobile US - confirmed.

    I just got my German Pre in Frankfurt this weekend and brought it back to the States. I have T-mobile. I activated in Germany with a prepaid card just to be sure. It works perfectly for me. I'm not getting 3g (only EDGE) but my BB Curve spent most of it's life on EDGE too so I suspect I've got a tower issue here in Houston.

    I haven't seen anybody say they got a German Pre working on T-mobile US so I thought I'd chime in.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Behi View Post
    I got a german pre too, and I changed the apn-settings as hotdp told us. But I only got 3 3, not 3 3G, it is really odd. I have`t figured out jet, but please let me know if you do. Forget about hotdp, he dont answer.
    I get the same 3 3. Hope they put in manual apn settings in 1.3.1.
  9. #69  
    As asked earlier, how does the Pre work with characters there's not on the keyboard ?

    I'm specifically thinking on the Danish here.

    Is it hard to use ?
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    T-mobile US - confirmed.

    I just got my German Pre in Frankfurt this weekend and brought it back to the States. I have T-mobile. I activated in Germany with a prepaid card just to be sure. It works perfectly for me. I'm not getting 3g (only EDGE) but my BB Curve spent most of it's life on EDGE too so I suspect I've got a tower issue here in Houston.

    I haven't seen anybody say they got a German Pre working on T-mobile US so I thought I'd chime in.
    Krosfyah,

    The pre does not operate on the t-mobile 3G frequency so you cannot get 3G on T-mo with your pre.
  11. kresom's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    As asked earlier, how does the Pre work with characters there's not on the keyboard ?

    I'm specifically thinking on the Danish here.

    Is it hard to use ?
    I checked on my German Pre (haven't changed any system settings). There's SYM key on keyboard - when you press it you get pop-up scrolling window with non-English characters.
    All three danish characters are there. I don't think it is very convenient because it takes lot of scrolling.
    My old Treo 650/680 was much better because SYM key was sensitive to last typed letter and you got only few characters.

    Unfortunately, eastern European characters are not even supported in current version

    Kreso
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Krosfyah,

    The pre does not operate on the t-mobile 3G frequency so you cannot get 3G on T-mo with your pre.
    Thanks. I don't think I noticed that before ...but not a show stopper. It seemed like I was always running on EDGE anyway.

    But I looked and looked to see if anybody else confirmed that Tmo-US works and never found actual confirmation from a real person ...just guesses from people. So just being a good neticen and officially announcing that it works ...albeit confirming that it is EDGE only.
  13. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    I checked on my German Pre (haven't changed any system settings). There's SYM key on keyboard - when you press it you get pop-up scrolling window with non-English characters.
    All three danish characters are there. I don't think it is very convenient because it takes lot of scrolling.
    My old Treo 650/680 was much better because SYM key was sensitive to last typed letter and you got only few characters.

    Unfortunately, eastern European characters are not even supported in current version

    Kreso
    Different option is to press and hold SYM
    Press the letter for your special character (press a for ae)
    Step forward by pressing the letter several times and when selected release SYM.

    Yes, its not as good as on the previous Treos but it works, I just wish Palm would re-arrange the order of characters based on the location settings or, or even better a special setting for just the keyboard.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  14. pman_lt's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    ..
    Unfortunately, eastern European characters are not even supported in current version

    Kreso
    Yep, thats really shame, I hope that this will be fixed in 1.3.1. The good part is that at least characters are displayed correctly (in my experience).
  15. #75  
    I'm in France and the APN for my carrier (SFR) is not correct... so i would not be able to connect 3G...

    I've heard that it's impossible to configure APN in the phone???
    Gosh... i'm in trouble
  16. #76  
    The Carrier setting DB has changed somewhat in v1.3.1 Sprint. The changes in the data part are minor, only some changes for Swisscom.

    The network part has more changes, I could not yet compare these. It also has 2 extra fields:
    - useThisOverrideRecord , perhaps needed for manual data carrier settings. I could not find an entry, even though I did override the carrier settings for my provider tmobile-NL
    - msAllowedApps, which is only filled out for Verizon and set at com.palm.app.vznavigator . An app (Verizon Navigator?) that is not present on my webOS 1.3


    The minor (unless you are on Swisscom) changes in the data section are:
    V1.3.1 stetting now
    "2199023255589","gprs.swisscom.ch","68","","","1","1","Swisscom PS","1099511627869","1","422",""
    "2199023255589","event.swisscom.ch","226","","","4","4","Swisscom MMS","1099511627870","1","426",""
    "2199023255589","corporate.swisscom.ch","227","","","2","2","Swisscom VPN","1099511627871","1","430",""

    v 1.2 settings were
    "2199023255589","gprs.swisscom.ch","68","","","2","2","Swisscom WEB","1099511627869","1","422",""
    "2199023255589","event.swisscom.ch","226","","","4","4","Swisscom MMS","1099511627870","1","426",""
    "2199023255589","corporate.swisscom.ch","227","hs_null","hs_null","1","1","Swisscom VPN","1099511627871","1","430",""
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/15/2009 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Spelling, link to verizon
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by emmbea View Post
    Would it be possible to run an UPDATE statement on the database? I'm experimenting with T-Mobile Hungary, but so far no luck with connecting to the 3G network. This thread suggests that removing hs_null from the user/password field would fix the issue.
    It does indeed work, mine already shows 3G

    I am happy.
  18. #78  
    3 UK working on a German Pre sold to me by Expansys UK here. (ordered yesterday and it came via Marseille and Leipzig overnight!)

    This is a temporary SIM until my new SIM from Virgin arrives.

    So far - a much better experience than I had with a UK O2 Pre and Rebel Sim
  19. #79  
    Also got the same handset working with a spare older Virgin SIM to get 2G network running successfully.

    Woot! Just got a flash of 3G with this one too! signal is marginal at home...but it found it.
    Last edited by marshalla99; 11/20/2009 at 09:32 AM.
  20. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #80  
    I have an Unlocked Palm Pre and Im on Orange Network, with 1.1.3 The Data was workings, i WebDoctor my Palm Pre with 1.3.1 and then Data not working at all.

    I followed all the posible instructions and tricks to make it work but with no single luck!

    I noticed that the Orange settings for GPRS and WAP and MMS for my country are listed in both 1.1.3 and 1.3.1 CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 ... and all settings are correct. but why Data not working i dont know?!!

    anybody has a solution or facing same problem?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions