Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What do you guys think the next update will have? I am not asking what you want, but what is the most logical needed fixes that will be coming
    excluding video, virtual keyboard

I know flash is coming soon, Facebook app, and what ever is on the pixie might be transferred over to the pre.

So what else you think from palms point of view they would fix?
    And a time frame
    Lets be realistic please.
    Being realistic, I'm not going to speculate at all.
    itunes...
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    itunes...

itunes is the worst software ever! why ppl keep talking about it!

i didn't an iphone mainly because itunes is the only way to transfer files, plus non multi-tasking..
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post

i didn't an iphone mainly because itunes is the only way to transfer files, plus non-visual multi-tasking..
    Fixed.
    is possible the next update come for november with the release i think is in in Europe for 1.1.3
    Is this thread really happening?
    I really hope flash is coming soon
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post

i didn't an iphone mainly because itunes is the only way to transfer files, plus non multi-tasking..
    Ummmmmmmmmm, urrrrrrr....I think you missed my sarcasm. No problem, this is the net...

Anyways, knowing palms track record with webos updates and their obsession with itunes. The next update will change webos to an itunes OS.

forget about flash, real customization features for audio and notifications, on screen keyboard, no fixes for the web app memory leaks, no fix for the backup failures, no speed improvements, etc, etc...

F%*$ itunes palm...
    prolly november sometime. just a guess
    Actually there is a rumor going around that Palm is going to drop WebOS altogether and the next update will put Android on our Pre. However, their version of Android will still have cards and the current swipe gestures.

That's gonna rock!

Apparently the update is scheduled sometime in January after compatibility coding and testing takes place to make it stable enough.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I'm pretty certain the next update will make me a hot pocket. I can't reveal my source.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Jokes aside...
    ... I hope for Video Recording and Flash.
    ... and hopefully all those little things that the patches give us (I feel sorry for people who don't patch their Pre; they're missing out!).
    I know you said no jokes, sorry :-P

Next update will have Facebook App, Yahoo integration. maybe Flash. Don't expect much, its only a 0.09 upgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.3 if the RUMOR is close to correct. Go watch a Pixi video and be wowed.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Is this thread really happening?
    It had to happen at some point...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16.    #16  
    Its a simple question. There always has to come a couple little whining @iche$
    if you don't like the post then don't bother replying.
    text forwarding
    cpu scaling
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Voice activated dialing and visual voice mail.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i would like palm to debug and officially implement many of the patches available on preware...notifications options, led blink, improve calendar, a "today" screen, improved speed, fix google maps, better signal strength
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i couldn't care less about video recording.

what i really want them to do in the next update is speed up the lag in the user interface. that would go a long long way for me. I'd be OK with no flash update, other fixes for months as long as they could speed everything up.

That is really the only thing that allows the Hero and iPhone to give the pre a run for its money (most people i know rarely if ever use all those iphone apps they have).

Just give me some speed out of this cortex processor Palm!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast