Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Well, avoiding the great comedic opportunities here, and avoiding the wish-list......

I suspect it WILL include:

1. Flash. There's already working demos of it on the Pre, so there's no reason not to include it.
    2. Minor improvements to speed and stability that will go un-noticed by most of the folks around here because we all keep our Pres so hopelessly loaded with homebrew apps and patches that the difference won't be noticeable.
    3. More messaging plugins. Now that the homebrew community has already added all the widely popular messaging programs and it working on adding more, Palm will probably get off their butts and do it for themselves.
    4. The app store will no longer say "BETA." Let's face it, it's already not beta. The thing is rolling full steam and picking up new apps ever few days.
    5. New an improved iTunes support, for about 3 days.
    6. Another attempt at blocking MyTether.
    7. Blinking LED notifications without a patch. The code is already in there and written by palm, so they are well aware of it. All the patch does, is uncomment a couple of lines of Palm's code, which has been thoroughly tested by us. If it's not in 1.3, I'm sure it will be eventually.

I suspect it will NOT include:

1. A video camera, because very few people actually care, despite the fact that it seems to be the loudest group of complainers. Also, cell phone videos are basically useless.
    2. Any change to the installed app limit. Palm doesn't seem to see it as a problem, because for whatever reason, they went well out of their way to place an arbitrary limit on the number of installed apps. We're not talking about an unintended side effect of some line of code. We're talking about checks that palm had to go well out of the way to institute.
    3. Any change to the app storage size limit. This can't change without drastically altering the functionality of the Pre, because the USB storage function depends on that partition being formatted FAT32, and the linux OS doesn't run on FAT32. That means you have to keep them separate, and the actual partition sizes are quite reasonable for regular users. The only way you could really truly 'fix' it would be to reformat the whole thing to ext2/3 or whatever file system the Pre uses for root (which I've never thought to check) and then they would have to develop a desktop solution for file transfer and media sync that would completely re-engineer the way our desktops interact with the Pre. That's possible, but it's sure as heck not a minor version update. WebOS 2.0 at the soonest.
    4. An on-screen keyboard, because the Pre already has a keyboard and so does the pixi. I have the on-screen keyboard because I find using it while texting in landscape to be more comfortable in some situations, but it's utility is limited with the hardware keyboard. I would be shocked if this was anywhere on Palm's to-do list except the very very bottom.
    5. Direct GPU access or WebGL. Again, that's not a minor version kind of update. When/if it happens, it will be a major update. 2.0, 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I'm pretty certain the next update will make me a hot pocket. I can't reveal my source.
    Alabama hot Pocket?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12