Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Posted already
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Yea!!!!!! i was considering a Hero but after seeing some of the post about it I think there may be a Pre in my future when it comes to VZ.
    I wonder how much their all in one plan will cost? They don't have one now. Data is an add on, GPS is an add on, even texting is an add on. Should be interesting.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Comparing rate plans with a buddy of mine on sprint, it looks like their rates will be comparable for everything but an unlimited talk plan. Not sure about that.
    and i just left Verizon for the Pre yesterday. wahoo!!!
    I am on VZW right now and am test driving the Pre on Sprint. I really like the Pre and I like the all inclusive plan but I still do believe in the VZW network. I've been impressed with all the 3rd party apps I am able to download to the Pre and I am wondering how thats going to be impacted with a VZ operating system which I assume they will put on top of the WebOs like they usually do.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    with the pre i no longer get service in my office. also sprint discontinued a roaming agreement with the CTA so i dont get service during my whole commute. vz and all other carriers roam on the cta. if the vz pre is reasonably open i'm switching
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    with the pre i no longer get service in my office. also sprint discontinued a roaming agreement with the CTA so i dont get service during my whole commute. vz and all other carriers roam on the cta. if the vz pre is reasonably open i'm switching
    ***? can you give me an idea of your commute?
    i hope AT&T carries it too. I want to see is go head to head with the iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    i hope AT&T carries it too. I want to see is go head to head with the iphone.
    I highly, highly highly doubt this will happen. Apple has a monopoly over AT&T right now and will keep throwing them money to make sure the iPhone is all they get.

Quote Originally Posted by mshest View Post
    I am on VZW right now and am test driving the Pre on Sprint. I really like the Pre and I like the all inclusive plan but I still do believe in the VZW network. I've been impressed with all the 3rd party apps I am able to download to the Pre and I am wondering how thats going to be impacted with a VZ operating system which I assume they will put on top of the WebOs like they usually do.

Any ideas?
    My suggestion is to stay with Sprint. Knowing Beg Red's past, the VZW Pre will have major limitations on the hardware/software.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI NR70v>CLI TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mshest View Post

Any ideas?
    Verizon can't and won't be putting their feature phone (dumbphone) OS on the Palm Pre because it's a smartphone. Vzw as of late is changing their tune in terms of disabling features on smartphones. So as far as I can tell the Pre will come to Vzw unharmed with wifi/gps/bluetooth intact. They will probably include some of their own apps just like sprint does (Tv service, GPS navigation), but it will probably cost extra.

I got my Sprint Pre working on Vzw and can't wait to get it again legally on the network.
    I am so glad to hear the news about V.
    1. I am staying with V for a number fo reasons, my g/f, my Mom, her parents and her children are all on V.

2. We get a huge discount due to the company my g/f works for.

3. V is the only cell company that works in my home, (mind you only so so, but it does work here).

4. I was with Sprint for 8 years, they have god awful cust. service and the cell does not work in my house at all!

5. I AM HOPING THAT V WILL ALLOW MY PRE, OR WHAT EVER THE V VERSION OF THE PRE WILL BE CALLED, WILL ALLOW ME TO PLACE CALLS ON V, IF NOT I WILL GET A REPEATER.

6. V has no choice but not to turn off most of V's features. Otherwise, they will not be able to deeply penertrate the smart phone biz, (as of yet, they have less smart phone biz.

7. At least 1/2 of Iphone users would leave Sprint right now, if they could use a Iphone on any system but Sprint.

8. V paid a HUGE amount of $ for what was the TV frequ., in order to use a new generation of smart phones an other devices. Unless V gets a hold of customers for this upcoming service, they will have gotten a pig in a poke.

9. I THINK V WILL HAVE TO SWALLOW HARD AND GIVE A MUCH BETTER DATA PACKAGE THEN THEY HAVE BEEN!

10. V by far has the best cust service of all US cell Companies.

11. BTW An earlier post mentioned TV on smart phones. I just read the FCC is allowing a tiny sliver of old TV frequ. V serice for FREE tv and paid tv serice to smart phones. From the TV companies directly, which will compete with the $ services from the cell phone companies.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group