Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I hope this pans out and we see a big fat increase in the Pre's base...
    ^Agreed, this will be nice for Palm.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    One thing I wish was if they were able to get it for the Christmas period... but oh welll....
    i was excited the pre was on sprint so i could leave verizon. i hate how they not only charge you for there own apps that other carriers provide for free, but they OVERCHARGE us for there crappy apps. i know people have there opinions about sprint too but here in massachusetts i have had nothing but great luck with them since the day the pre came out
    Anyone else think that this is actually a GOOD thing for Sprint?

I mean, yes, Verizon is going to carry the Pre, but then again why would someone able to get the same phone pay the prices that Verizon has on their plans compared to what Sprint can offer for pretty much the same service, and also the same phone (minus the stupid App policies of Verizon)?

I mean, last time i looked at Verizon, for the Storm, to pay for the same plan i had on Sprint with Simply Everything on Verizon, would've run about around $160 + taxes, while i only paid $117 with taxes on Sprint. That's a $43 difference without taking taxes into consideration, or over a $1,000 dollars over the life of a two year plan.

Plus, it'll also benefit existing Pre users by allowing Palm access to a carrier with twice the subscribers as Sprint, allowing them to continue their momentum.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is it going to get a refresh? Depending on when it's launched, it's getting a bit long in the tooth (in terms of smart-phone lifecycles).
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    ...why would someone able to get the same phone pay the prices that Verizon has on their plans compared to what Sprint can offer for pretty much the same service, and also the same phone (minus the stupid App policies of Verizon)?...
    I'm going to do this for the same reason I suspect others will too, they're #1 in 3G coverage and will have LTE in a few years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I'm going to do this for the same reason I suspect others will too, they're #1 in 3G coverage and will have LTE in a few years time.
    Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements anyways, and based on the same 3G technology, they bounce off each other most of the time. If i have no reception on Sprint, it actually jumps to Verizon coverage or vice versa.

Plus, Sprint will have WiMax as well, which they've stated is also easily transferable over to LTE. So, in a few years time, i'd rather save myself a couple thousand dollars by sticking with Sprint for the same service, and same phone.
    Sprint and Verizon have roaming agreements anyways, and based on the same 3G technology, they bounce off each other most of the time. If i have no reception on Sprint, it actually jumps to Verizon coverage or vice versa.

Plus, Sprint will have WiMax as well, which they've stated is also easily transferable over to LTE. So, in a few years time, i'd rather save myself a couple thousand dollars by sticking with Sprint for the same service, and same phone.
    How exactly do you know when ur getting a VZW signal?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Anyone else think that this is actually a GOOD thing for Sprint?

I mean, yes, Verizon is going to carry the Pre, but then again why would someone able to get the same phone pay the prices that Verizon has on their plans compared to what Sprint can offer for pretty much the same service, and also the same phone (minus the stupid App policies of Verizon)?

I mean, last time i looked at Verizon, for the Storm, to pay for the same plan i had on Sprint with Simply Everything on Verizon, would've run about around $160 + taxes, while i only paid $117 with taxes on Sprint. That's a $43 difference without taking taxes into consideration, or over a $1,000 dollars over the life of a two year plan.

Plus, it'll also benefit existing Pre users by allowing Palm access to a carrier with twice the subscribers as Sprint, allowing them to continue their momentum.
    I totally agree with you... but u know most people don't look at facts.. they just listen to advertisments... so people with Verizon will prob stay with them, hopefully they will go to the Pre & eventually the Pixi and help Palm out with some cash....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    How exactly do you know when ur getting a VZW signal?
    I'm pretty sure by seeing that you are Roaming (little R on top).. in US.. that usually means Verizon... the only prob with roaming is the 1X data...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I think Verizon will seriously cripple what the Pre is capable of.
    Exclusive contracts are exclusive contracts – my company has a contract with Verizon so I ended up with a family plan. I have been a treo user for many years and having to wait each time a new phone comes out to upgrade. I currently have a 755P and when the pre came out I knew it was going to be my next phone after the usual wait. In a way, I am glad that I get to wait several months while bugs, new webos upgrades and pre hardware gets updated. The fact that Verizon may cripple the Pre as they have done other palm products may also be a factor.