1.    #1  
    So I used the touchstone to charge it all night, when I took it out in the morning at like 1030 the charging logo wouldnt go away and my proximity sensor wouldnt work so every call i was on would be pressing numbers and crap totally annoying, nothing a battery pull didnt fix but in that hour i made about 15 calls 10 text and battery went to 40% in an hour, rest of the day was spent charging in the car non touchstone and it took forever, never got to 100%, I did have bluetooth on in the car n the rest of the night by accident dindt turn it off, a few calls lots of text and battery kept dropping to like 20-30% it seems like it drops like 5% in 10 mins my brightness is super low emails are on manual no wifi....whats the deal with the battery? throughout the day even after resets, when i would get new text and open it, the screen of the text would be blank for like 10 seconds than display the text, yet i can see it in the mode where it shows all my chats....whats up with that?

Im scared to use AIM considering battery life is so bad doing nothing more than text and calls lol

I have the stock screen protecter but it now has lint under it n i dont wnat scratches on the screen, and invisible shield feels way too hard n thick my cousin uses it i bought it but feels too heavy, what do you all do or use if anything?

I keep hearing different things from homebrew which i know are apps by others, and quick install and one other i forget, what do these different things do and what benefit?

best/fastest way to look up stuff near me as far as places or schools or eating places or stores?

I use a mac can i sync itunes on mac with this?
    I have everything synced through gmail, does it backup to only that or the palm profile thing as well?

Can i backup everything like text and calls and everything? If so where at?

Is there way to hang up on only one call on a three way call?

Can i put songs on my phone and use them as ringtones? the ringtones suck lol

someone said there was a way to play a song on pandora and hear it through by BT in my car? hows that?

GOD it would be so awesome if you were going to send a text to multiple contacts and the way the contacts list pulls up if you can just put a check mark select as many as you want at once and than press add....any hope of this?

so for those who have had their phone since day one does this phone have forever call log?

most important here lol whats the best way to access this thread and post replies from the phone?

Im sure I have tons of other stuff I cant think lol thanks
    Homebrew offers a ton of helpful apps & patches for the pre.. check them out - if you dont like you can Un-install.... there is a call long - go into the phone icon, on the lower bottom left is your VM button on the right is the call long for ALL and Missed calls...As for the battery issue... welcome to Pre -) seems to be an issue with battery life, but you can same some bars by shutting off your GPS & lowering the backlight time.. Hope this helps!
  3.    #3  
    thanks, also when I add a call from my call log to contacts, it doesn't update in call log

In Linked in when you accept an invite, it doesnt ever go away still shows it as you have new messages
    M8 you just need to search through the forums. Every question you asked above is awsnered in detail in many posts. Way to many post to start postin them hear.

Grab a cup of coffee and a cumfy chair and use the forums search function.

Good Luck
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    turn auto locate off. There's a patch for even lower brightness. Use wifi whenevr you can. Just search each topic on this forum

my call log goes back to aug 27 and then is blank
    the battery takes a week or so to condition itself. after using it, recharging it, using it, topping it off, using it some more, it seemed to last longer everyday. First day i only got 5-6 hours out of it with light usage. Now i can go just about a day with pretty decent usage. give it time, it will improve.
  7.    #7  
    thanks gang, special thanks for your detailed reply jmaker im actually in florida but waited forever cause had to give up an awesome unlimited mins family plan lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    So I used the touchstone to charge it all night, when I took it out in the morning at like 1030 the charging logo wouldnt go away and my proximity sensor wouldnt work so every call i was on would be pressing numbers and crap totally annoying, nothing a battery pull didnt fix but in that hour i made about 15 calls 10 text and battery went to 40% in an hour, rest of the day was spent charging in the car non touchstone and it took forever, never got to 100%, I did have bluetooth on in the car n the rest of the night by accident dindt turn it off, a few calls lots of text and battery kept dropping to like 20-30% it seems like it drops like 5% in 10 mins my brightness is super low emails are on manual no wifi....whats the deal with the battery? throughout the day even after resets, when i would get new text and open it, the screen of the text would be blank for like 10 seconds than display the text, yet i can see it in the mode where it shows all my chats....whats up with that?
    *battery has issues but typically gets me through the day on normal use. I do not own a touch stone though

I have the stock screen protecter but it now has lint under it n i dont wnat scratches on the screen, and invisible shield feels way too hard n thick my cousin uses it i bought it but feels too heavy, what do you all do or use if anything?
    * Have not been using a screen protector...no issues, but I am pretty easy on my phone.

I keep hearing different things from homebrew which i know are apps by others, and quick install and one other i forget, what do these different things do and what benefit?
    * Look for preware (download homebrew via pre) or webos quick install (via pc) both available here, just make sure you read the instructions if you are not comfortable.

best/fastest way to look up stuff near me as far as places or schools or eating places or stores?
    * I normally just use the search function in the navigation app (voice dials via "phone it in") to find places plus a few apps do the same. I am assuming you are in the UK though so I am not sure what the options are there.

I use a mac can i sync itunes on mac with this?
    I have everything synced through gmail, does it backup to only that or the palm profile thing as well?
    * Should be able to sync to older versions of itunes (9.0 I believe) if you are running a web OS version prior to 1.2.1. If you have 1.2.1 you should be good with any itunes release. I hate itunes with a passion so I am just going off of what I remember reading though.

Can i backup everything like text and calls and everything? If so where at?
    * Palms in phone backup will save contacts apps and the basic stuff. May need to look into a desktop back up solution for MS exchange. I do not believe there is an easy way to back up texts or call logs sans rooting your pre.

Is there way to hang up on only one call on a three way call?
    * I do not have enough friends to use 3 way calling...lol

Can i put songs on my phone and use them as ringtones? the ringtones suck lol
    * Any song you transfer to your pre can be used as a ring tone.

someone said there was a way to play a song on pandora and hear it through by BT in my car? hows that?
    * If your car does not have blue tooth you would need to get a BT car kit. Most are compatible with the pre, but I have heard of a few issues.

GOD it would be so awesome if you were going to send a text to multiple contacts and the way the contacts list pulls up if you can just put a check mark select as many as you want at once and than press add....any hope of this?
    * no check boxes for multiple recipients...not too hard to click and then scroll to another though (or just start typing the contact name when in the to field). Tweaks can get around all the other missing messaging anomalies though such as forwarding, audio and video, etc.

so for those who have had their phone since day one does this phone have forever call log?
    * had the pre since 6/6 and call log goes all the way back.

most important here lol whats the best way to access this thread and post replies from the phone?

* m.forums.precentral.net, the full web site works great on the pre as well.

The tweaks and homebrew apps available via preware and webos quick install can make this already great phone 100 times better. Great things have been done in a small amount of time. Keep playing around and you will find it all. Half of the fun of this phone is finding these things on your own.