Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Sometimes when I get a notification, I don't notice it or want to deal with it right away. I might be in the middle of something, or in another room from the phone when the notification goes off.

With other phones I've had, after a few minutes, another notification sound is heard. This is quite helpful for me, as it might remind me of the previous notification (often an sms) that I had forgotten about and need to respond to. If I was out of the room when the first notification went off, the second go around might alert me when I return to the room.

The Pre currently notifies me once, then shuts up.

Am I missing an option, or is there a patch for this?

Thanks.

-Chris
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I wish my phone would shut up on the notifications. I get continual "can't get a data connection" notifications often. Wish there were some way to turn of at least the data connection notification.

Apparently, there is no setting to turn that off.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Is this a feature that interests anyone, or am I alone here?
    Install PreWare of WebOS Quick Install. There's a tweak that allows you to set up your phone so that the button in the gesture area lights up if there's a notification that hasn't been attended to/swiped away.

Before this I used to miss a lot of notifications, since my phone is almost always set to vibrate and rarely do I remember to turn the volume back on. When it's on my desk all I need to do is see the blinking light to know that I need to check something.

Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I wish my phone would shut up on the notifications. I get continual "can't get a data connection" notifications often. Wish there were some way to turn of at least the data connection notification.
    Yeah, that one really annoys me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
    You're not alone in wanting the repeat notifications, I've been wanting this in a phone since I left the Voyager. I've had the Samsung Omnia for a while, trying different versions and roms of WinMo and none gave it anywhere near the functionality I needed. The Pre seems to be the closest thing to the perfect phone, at least for me, as I can find. This feature would help alot, I'm actually trying to learn how to create patches and see if its possible to create this functionality.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    This option is available, at least for reminders thanks to WebOS Quick Install.

If you get a lot of notification this patch will use up battery quicker and I thought it only worked on SMSs.

Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Install PreWare of WebOS Quick Install. There's a tweak that allows you to set up your phone so that the button in the gesture area lights up if there's a notification that hasn't been attended to/swiped away.

Before this I used to miss a lot of notifications, since my phone is almost always set to vibrate and rarely do I remember to turn the volume back on. When it's on my desk all I need to do is see the blinking light to know that I need to check something.

Yeah, that one really annoys me. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
    Ah, didn't know that option was there, too. But like I mentioned, my phone is almost always on vibrate so the silent light flashing appeals more to me. Glad to hear your issue's fixed.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Fantastic news! The online repository in WebOS 1.9 includes two patches which do exactly what I've been looking for. One applies to missed phone calls, and the other to texts:

Now I'll no longer miss a text message or phone call if it comes when I'm out of the room. Thanks for doing this!
    Last edited by cfbauer; 11/16/2009 at 10:16 PM.