1.    #1  
    I got a call earlier today but when I picked it up I couldn't hear anything and the palm tried to add the received number to my contacts list. I realized that for some reason my proximity sensor was not engaging and my screen was not being turned off while on the phone and I was pressing different buttons with my face. Then I realized that my headset speaker wasn't working either. Only the speakerphone works.

I have tried the following and it did NOT make a difference: restarted the phone and took out the battery and plugged it back in.

What should I do? Please help.
    Take a q-tip and soak it in rubbing alchahol and then put in the headset jack and slightly rub around in there and that should fix your problem.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I got a call earlier today but when I picked it up I couldn't hear anything and the palm tried to add the received number to my contacts list. I realized that for some reason my proximity sensor was not engaging and my screen was not being turned off while on the phone and I was pressing different buttons with my face. Then I realized that my headset speaker wasn't working either. Only the speakerphone works.

I have tried the following and it did NOT make a difference: restarted the phone and took out the battery and plugged it back in.

What should I do? Please help.
    Headset speaker & Proximity Sensor Don't Work = order you a replacement..but go to a repair center....other wise you're gonna fork out 100 for insurance......if you have ins
  4.    #4  
    How will that fix my problem? What about the proximity sensor?
  5.    #5  
    I don't have insurance. Doesn't the pre come with manufacturers warranty or something?
    Yes it does come with a warranty. 1 year I believe. Depending on how long ago you got your Pre, you may be able to just take it back where you got it and swap it out. This is a common enough problem that it should be considered a "known problem."

Many people are also able to fix it by doing nothing more than plugging and unplugging a headset a few times.

Something seems to be getting stuck, either physically or in the software, to make the Pre think it still has a headset plugged in.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah seems like I got that headphone problem. I'm trying to fix it by plugging and unplugging the headset right now.
  8.    #8  
    Sweet I fixed it. I remember what happened is that I was listening to music at the gym and when I was done I just yanked the headset out. Won't do that again. Thanks for everyone's help.
    Having the same issue today. I'll try plugging and unplugging in the headphone jack.

edit - that fixed it, very odd. I kinda want to get a cover for the headphone jack. That possible?
    Last edited by xberserker; 10/20/2009 at 07:00 PM.
    try turning on your music with the phones in and then trun music off then unplug the phones ,this work sometimes as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->