Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I had some issues updating to 1.2 when I unplugged from my desktop USB port during install.....ran webOsDoctor and completed the update.

Since then all my original Sprint apps like nascar, nfl and Sprint Navigation have vanished. For over a week I was never able to get the 1.2.1 update so did the webOsDoctor instead, again. They still never came back.

I know that many of us consider the loss of the Nascar app an upgrade, but I would like to have back the Sprint Nav app which sounds like it might be decent.

Any ideas?

FWIW, when I run a quick test from home I get an Error 20 (modem) but my reception here is poor (hardly ever get evdo) for data, barely a bar or two for voice.
    T

Thanks for any thoughts!
    I had this too. WebOS Doctor quit at 60%. Phone ran fine but no Sprint Navigator. Since I use that a lot I freaked out

running it again fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've been contemplating that but its a pain from my house with a bad signal.

But more important, my glitch was during the upgrade to 1.2. I just used WebOsDoc to upgrade to 1.2.1 and thought the apps would re-appear, but nope. Reset several times as that's fixed pretty much every minor problem I've ever had before.
    There are only two possible explanations for this.

a) WebOSDoctor did not complete successfully. The most likely cause would be running it without your battery being fully charged. It could also be a corrupted WebOSDoctor download, or least likely, your Pre has a hardware defect preventing it from completing.

or

b) After running WebOSDoctor you are installing patches or tweaks that you forgot to mention.

There is no 3rd option because webOSDoctor completely re-writes 100% of the software on your phone.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thank you for distilling that, that's what I needed to hear. I have no patches etc.. installed but did get a could not complete reset message the last time, but when i hit the reset and logged into my profile I had 1.2.1 and everything else worked so at first I figured i was golden. I will try again. Thank you!