1.    #1  
    BLOOMBERG INTERVIEW ROGER MCNAMEE TODAY

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    He seemed more confident before Palm Pre's launch. Now it's all about the big picture.

This is not a "STILL NO VIDEO!?" post, but I keep wondering if Palm can keep up. It's a small company. And there's so much to do. Missing features, more carriers, more countries, bringing the SDK up to speed, new phones, new technologies, actual innovation, etc, etc.

It's not an excuse, but Google and Apple had a head start. They are busy with new stuff, while Palm is playing catch up. I'm talking about the SDK, worldwide rollout, missing features. I know Palm has multitasking, etc, but in six months other companies might have that as well.

The Palm Pre is the best phone for me right now. But by seeing things like Android 2.0, I'm wondering: can Palm keep up?
  3.    #3  
    I trust Palm very much. They will bring with time all the support international users need.

Others companies started almost 2 years before from zero too, the same way.

Joint Ventures need between 3 to 5 years to start getting profits, depending on what are they investing on.

I see a positive future for Palm, and Palm WebOS as well, and it is not only about multitasking.IMO
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    I trust Palm very much. They will bring with time all the support international users need.
    I trust Palm too. But international support will only take time from the already overloaded workers.

Others companies started almost 2 years before from zero too, the same way.
    That's what I said. Google, a company with 20k people, and Apple, a company with 35k people, started two years ago. Palm, with less than 1k people, started this year. Get the picture?

and it is not only about multitasking.IMO
    I didn't say it was.
  5.    #5  
    bruba

My answers are for everybody who are reading our posts. I mean for the world. Thanks
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    bruba

My answers are for everybody who are reading our posts. I mean for the world. Thanks
    Ok, excuse me for starting a discussion on a forum mister.
    Really, Roger? You want to help busy people? How about a calendar app that doesn't take up all of my time? Thanks, babe.
    So in a nutshell, launch different carriers takes a lot of resources that you won't see immediate returns on right away which is normal. And Palm isn't competing with RIM or Apple but others and is targeting "busy" people rather than corps & whatever he used to define the iphone users..non-busy people?

That's a bit flaky with the "busy" people target. Glad to hear they're not targeting the lazy people who don't work and stay home all day. But i take it to mean they want to simply lives of people who have busy schedules. But all smartphones have this in mind right?

But do Palm's actions follow what he's saying? They're introducing a specced down Pixi for who..busy teens? Busy people is just talk.

Both RIM and Apple and others are busy expanding their platforms to include any gap Palm sees in the middle. RIM will add the consumer eye candy. Apple will add more business features and perhaps social integration. Palm will have to focus harder to find a niche, whether that be organization tools that they've been known for or something else.