View Poll Results: How long do you plan to keep your Pre?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

70 22.01%
  • 2 years

75 23.58%
  • Only as long as I have to

14 4.40%
  • Until the next greatest phone comes out

113 35.53%
  • FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

22 6.92%
  • Other

24 7.55%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity. I'm a total phone/technology geek and I usually go through a phone a year. How about you guys?

If you chose "other", please specify.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    same at least once a year
    they cost to much for me to just drop one every year lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    At least a year. Or until Pre v2 comes out.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I plan on keeping it two years unless it fails.
    Same here...2 years unless it burns up.
    well considering Sprint lets you buy a phone at new customer price every year... i would say a year. I'm sure a better phone will be out by next June. Android is evolving quickly.
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
    I change my phones once a year and I will get the next gen pre when it comes out. I'm now a premier member which allows me to get a new phone every yr instead of every 2 yrs.
    Last edited by kinster02; 10/16/2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Yearly here too. I work in a business that contributes to the destruction of phones in a pretty short time. I'm lucky to get a year out of one. So far my Pre has held up fine though. Hopefully Pre ver 2.0 will come out at about the one year mark. I'm a premier member so I'll get to upgrade then.
    I will keep the Pre as my main phone until Palm replaces it with another handset. At that point the Pre will be relegated to my back up phone unless a friend or family member desperately wants it. My contract gives me yearly upgrades if I want. Ultimately it just depends on what is out there. I had my old phone for two and a bit years because it got the job done and I had little interest in what was out in the market at the time.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    The Pre is evolving quickly. It will take a lot to get me to switch to another phone, at this point. In another year, with homebrew, flash, and a full app catalogue, I cannot imagine there will be many needs left to fill. I mean really, what more can I possibly want from a phone? Although I am certain some phone will be presented with SOME feature that I have to have IMMEDIATELY... and of course I will be a sucker and switch again.

The cycle of the tech geek continues...
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I never keep a phone longer than a year! I just might have my pre until the Pre 2 comes out....! I like too try an keep up with technology so I'm not too far behind.
    I'll keep mine at least a year, because I'm too cheap to upgrade without the discount.

Beyond that, I'll keep it until something really impressive comes out.

I've carried a separate cell phone and PDA for a decade, and the Pre is the first smartphone to ever make me switch, and it would take something really impressive to make me switch again.
    Year for me. I like switching phones up, and the whole one-year upgrade thing does me well. Hopefully the Pre v2 shall be out(or something with a bigger screen), and I can go grab that!
    I voted for the "until the next greatest phone comes out" but now that I think about it, probably two years. I tend to get a new phone every two years. If by that time though nothing better the Pre in my opinion is out, I will stick with the Pre which will probably be a monster by that time.
    depends on what palm has next year, but not a pixie
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Same here.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    As a phone.. until a new one catches my attention. As a mini nix pc.. a lot longer!
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    yup..here too. Pre2 maybe?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Just out of curiosity. I'm a total phone/technology geek and I usually go through a phone a year. How about you guys?

If you chose "other", please specify.
    Other... until the next Pre comes out. That prob should have been an option.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast